Fyi

Old Jun 24th 2004, 2:50 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fyi

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...toryID=5498832

just so you know
Old Jun 24th 2004, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

TexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fyi

Originally posted by manc1976

just so you know
Hmmm.... bloody lucky I got my H1B renewal last month, eh?

Andy.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 5:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Security my arse. Money making scam more like.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Big Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of light

Forgive me for being dense - I think I'm in shock! - but am I right in thinking that I'm going to have to fly the five of us to London from Seattle when my H1 runs out in three years time...

...or could it just be a trip to the US embassy in Ottowa???
Old Jun 24th 2004, 5:54 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Big Vern
Forgive me for being dense - I think I'm in shock! - but am I right in thinking that I'm going to have to fly the five of us to London from Seattle when my H1 runs out in three years time...

...or could it just be a trip to the US embassy in Ottowa???
no idea mate. Luckily I am on none of the prescribed visa's they mentioned, but seems to me like you best start saving for a flight home.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

TexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond repute

no idea mate. Luckily I am on none of the prescribed visa's they mentioned, but seems to me like you best start saving for a flight home.
No, just 'outside' the USA.

<snip>will now have to go abroad for processing, although not to their home countries<snip>

Andy.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 6:29 pm
Franklin

Default Re: Fyi

just so you know

Boost for the airline industry? A backhanded government subsidy to the industry? We can't bail you out, but hell we can drive up your passenger numbers! Airports make more money too, but only if folks don't plan ahead. Planning for a trip home at about the time you need to visit a US Embassy would seem to be a good idea; see family and friends, visit embassy etc. Kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

I suspect folks will have to travel to their home country if only because the nearest foreign US embassies will get swamped. But anyway, if you are living in the USA and applied for a green card you might have to travel to the US Embassy in London for your interview. *shrugs* Nothing really new.