Reload this Page >

Furniture shops

Furniture shops

Old Sep 30th 2017, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

Skala123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Furniture shops

Hi
My husband is currently trying to furnish our new rental before I join him with the kids in two weeks time. Being very new to the area (summit, nj) he is struggling to find decent sofas and dining tables. Happy to shop online as well as in store but could do with some recommendations please.
Old Sep 30th 2017, 8:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Furniture shops

Originally Posted by Skala123
Hi
My husband is currently trying to furnish our new rental before I join him with the kids in two weeks time. Being very new to the area (summit, nj) he is struggling to find decent sofas and dining tables. Happy to shop online as well as in store but could do with some recommendations please.
Ikea is near Newark airport...so very near...if you want something quickly. I found most furniture shops to be very old fashioned.
Old Sep 30th 2017, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

IKea doesn’t exactly inspire us to be honest!
Old Sep 30th 2017, 8:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Me neither... hate the place.

Raymour and Flanagan
Ethan Allen
Old Sep 30th 2017, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Me neither... hate the place.

Raymour and Flanagan
Ethan Allen
R&F looks hopeful - thanks a lot
Old Sep 30th 2017, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ecto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond repute

I know what you mean however as previously said lots of the furniture stores are really traditional so IKEA is pretty handy to get some bits.
We are quite local to you and l really like Home Goods, they are like TK Maxx for home furnishings, they have great rugs, lamps and some furniture but mainly chairs, bed heads etc. I think your nearest would be Hanover.
Target also a surprisingly good selection of nice home goods but no large pieces of furniture.
Costco does a limited selection of furniture on line and in store.
There is Bobs Discount Furniture which is passable. Pretty awful service but some ok more modern sofas but they are buried under lots of traditional pieces. It also isn't as cheap as the name suggests and if you can avoid l would but if desperate check it out.
There is Ashleys as well but that too has lots of traditional items however had a better mix then most stores so worth a look.
If budget isn't an issue there are some fantastic small furniture stores in Summit itself.
There is a really nice store in Summit called 3 West of something like that, got the impression it was a chain but it had lots of nice modern furniture and items.
Hope this helps, we have been here 3 months and finally gave in and went to IKEA in Newark today for the first time for some items that l just couldn't find elsewhere.
Old Sep 30th 2017, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ecto17
I know what you mean however as previously said lots of the furniture stores are really traditional so IKEA is pretty handy to get some bits.
We are quite local to you and l really like Home Goods, they are like TK Maxx for home furnishings, they have great rugs, lamps and some furniture but mainly chairs, bed heads etc. I think your nearest would be Hanover.
Target also a surprisingly good selection of nice home goods but no large pieces of furniture.
Costco does a limited selection of furniture on line and in store.
There is Bobs Discount Furniture which is passable. Pretty awful service but some ok more modern sofas but they are buried under lots of traditional pieces. It also isn't as cheap as the name suggests and if you can avoid l would but if desperate check it out.
There is Ashleys as well but that too has lots of traditional items however had a better mix then most stores so worth a look.
If budget isn't an issue there are some fantastic small furniture stores in Summit itself.
There is a really nice store in Summit called 3 West of something like that, got the impression it was a chain but it had lots of nice modern furniture and items.
Hope this helps, we have been here 3 months and finally gave in and went to IKEA in Newark today for the first time for some items that l just couldn't find elsewhere.
Thanks ecto. There are some lovely shops in Summit. When I get out I’m going to have a look for soft furnishings, mirrors etc. My husband is in charge of sofa, dining table, beds, mattresses so we can sit/sleep/eat! Then I will be on a mission to get everything else. Won’t be able to avoid Ikea, it has its uses! Good for kids furniture so will certainly head there for some bits.
Husband is going to pop to Raymour and Flannigan in watchung tomorrow.
Old Sep 30th 2017, 9:24 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Also try Restoration Hardware, Pottery Barn and Crate & Barrel in the Mall at Short Hills.

All the stores above have their own websites, not sure of your budget! They sometimes sell items on the shop floor at a reduced price if they are slightly shop-soiled:

Short Hills (if you produce a UK driving licence or passport you can get a discount booklet for visitors at the concierge/customer service desk for the mall, near Macy's.
Old Sep 30th 2017, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Also try Restoration Hardware, Pottery Barn and Crate & Barrel in the Mall at Short Hills.

All the stores above have their own websites, not sure of your budget! They sometimes sell items on the shop floor at a reduced price if they are slightly shop-soiled:

Short Hills (if you produce a UK driving licence or passport you can get a discount booklet for visitors at the concierge/customer service desk for the mall, near Macy's.
That’s good thanks to know. My husband is staying at the Hilton right by the mall so will tell him to pop in
Old Sep 30th 2017, 10:53 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

And don't discount Pier One Imports. Great pieces of furniture for living rooms, dining rooms and bedrooms.
Old Sep 30th 2017, 11:30 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

And if you see a yard sale in a nice neighborhood, don’t hesitate to stop and take a look. There are some great bargains to be found!
Old Oct 1st 2017, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Check out Costco furniture & for online Wayfair.
Old Oct 1st 2017, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Also check out furniture consignment shops in nice areas.
Old Oct 1st 2017, 2:10 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

an interior designer friend swears by overstock.com
Old Oct 1st 2017, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ecto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
an interior designer friend swears by overstock.com
I have seen them advertised, l will take a look at them myself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.