Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Friday fun - stupidest thing you've been asked since you've been here...

Friday fun - stupidest thing you've been asked since you've been here...

Old Dec 14th 2007, 7:19 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Friday fun - stupidest thing you've been asked since you've been here...

Originally Posted by Tracym
Sounds more fun actually...
are you offering
Old Dec 14th 2007, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

ri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Friday fun - stupidest thing you've been asked since you've been here...

Did anyone see this joke....sent to me by an American/German colleague last summer. Might as well have a go at ourselves and the rest of the Europeans while we're attacking the Yanks....I thought it was pretty funny

What Europe is doing in these days of Heightened Security

The British are feeling the pinch in relation to recent terrorist bombing and threats to destroy nightclubs and airports and therefore have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved'. Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Brits have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies all but ran out. Terrorists have been officially re-categorised from "Tiresome" to a "Bloody Nuisance". The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was during the Great Fire of London in 1666.
Also, the French government announced yesterday that it had raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide". The only two higher levels in France are "Surrender" and "Collaborate". The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralysing the country's military capability.
It's not only the English and French that are on a heightened level of alert.
Italy has increased the alert level from "shout loudly and excitedly" to "elaborate military posturing". Two more levels remain, "ineffective combat operations" and "change sides".
The Germans, wishing to stay in lock-step with their neighbours, have also increased their alert state from "disdainful arrogance" to "dress in uniform and sing marching songs". They have two higher alert levels: "invade a neighbour" and "lose".
The world should now feel a safer place.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 7:27 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ri_mischief
Let's post the craziest things we've been asked....see who has the most unusual.

I think my best one.... "Do you speak English in England...."

Huh? (At least that's the most irritating one)
Old Dec 14th 2007, 7:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul S
are you offering
Is it worth the hunt?
Old Dec 14th 2007, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

keira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone see this joke....sent to me by an American/German colleague last summer. Might as well have a go at ourselves and the rest of the Europeans while we're attacking the Yanks....I thought it was pretty funny

What Europe is doing in these days of Heightened Security

The British are feeling the pinch in relation to recent terrorist bombing and threats to destroy nightclubs and airports and therefore have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved'. Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Brits have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies all but ran out. Terrorists have been officially re-categorised from "Tiresome" to a "Bloody Nuisance". The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was during the Great Fire of London in 1666.
Also, the French government announced yesterday that it had raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide". The only two higher levels in France are "Surrender" and "Collaborate". The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralysing the country's military capability.
It's not only the English and French that are on a heightened level of alert.
Italy has increased the alert level from "shout loudly and excitedly" to "elaborate military posturing". Two more levels remain, "ineffective combat operations" and "change sides".
The Germans, wishing to stay in lock-step with their neighbours, have also increased their alert state from "disdainful arrogance" to "dress in uniform and sing marching songs". They have two higher alert levels: "invade a neighbour" and "lose".
The world should now feel a safer place.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 7:34 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Is it worth the hunt?
but of course it is

Old Dec 14th 2007, 7:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

but of course it is

Well ok... but I'll just have to take your word for it then
Old Dec 14th 2007, 7:42 pm
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElaineQ
Oh, I've been asked that. Probably the Northern accent that throws them!
Your ferret has stolen the black pudding from Mr. Wentworth's allotment????"

Old Dec 14th 2007, 7:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redlippie
If I knew Mandela.

Telling me I was a liar for saying I was from Africa because there are no white people in Africa.

Telling me they love my English accent *guffaw*
Told my OH that once he gets his US citizenship, he should now say his nationality is African-American - cuz he was born in Africa...but I think that joke would only go over well in certain groups....he does get some strange looks when he tells people he lived in South Africa for 20 years.

I did once ask my friend my Lebanon if they had tv there..but in my defense I was a naive, er, stupid, 18 y/o at the time.

Last edited by Bluegrass Lass; Dec 14th 2007 at 7:54 pm.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

YorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to all

Let's post the craziest things we've been asked....see who has the most unusual.

I think my best one.... "Do you speak English in England...."

"Do you have Easter in England?"
Old Dec 14th 2007, 8:05 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Originally Posted by YorkshirePudding
the simple answer for that has to be 'Of course not, we are all Devil worshippers over there, would you like to join my coven?'
Old Dec 14th 2007, 8:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the simple answer for that has to be 'Of course not, we are all Devil worshippers over there, would you like to join my coven?'
That line works well on Jehovas Witnesses at the front door too.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

ri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by YorkshirePudding
Yep - I've had "Do you have Christmas in England"....

Do you have McDonald's in England

Is it always foggy in England

etc etc etc
Old Dec 14th 2007, 8:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yep - I've had "Do you have Christmas in England"....

Do you have McDonald's in England

Is it always foggy in England

etc etc etc
And the answers are what?

Yes
Yes
Yes
Old Dec 14th 2007, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

And the answers are what?

Yes
Yes
Yes
No they're:

Not if you're Jewish
Sadly
Only when it's not raining

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.