Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Florida, California or UK?!

Florida, California or UK?!

Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Sportychico is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Florida, California or UK?!

how anyone can defend the UK weather is astounding....please 'whether' facts have been exaggerated or not the bottom line is the UK weather is appalling and everyone knows it....Lets see if Wimbledon is rained off again this 'summer' or a cricket Test match is cancelled...come on be honest .....re penis size: average....yes I do have a Porsche and its for sale...2 owners, low mileage etc....I don't consider myself rich (net work well over $1m) ...that's why I mentioned it...in fact it worries me that $1m as a pension would only give you an income of $50k...scary...
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:15 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sportychico
...The weather in the UK is SHOCKING ...grey most of the year, cold, rains most of the year and occasionally we get a few days summer....this is not up for debate its factual
Well, you'd be wrong, again, but you're used to that.

It rains more in Boston than in most of the UK.

Extremes in weather affect COL far more than the odd day of drizzle.

As for the OP, would think it would depend on long term plans. Want to settle/retire in the US, then your plans would be different than if you just wanted a quick and easy way in for a few years.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Flabound oneday
please Forest ,do tell us how big your penis is as well...... it must be huge to go with your ego.

do you also have a Porsche as well ?

PLEASE tell us all the FACTS
yes to Porsche, penis average ..next question ?
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

please 'whether' facts have been exaggerated or not the bottom line is the UK weather is appalling and everyone knows it
Yet again, you're making yourself look daft with a sweeping statement, not 'everyone knows' that the UK weather is 'appalling'. I happen to love the UK climate (well, usually - maybe not the past month though!). Give me a few days rain a month anytime, if that means a green and pleasant land. I hate hot or humid weather, so the idea of living somewhere like Florida is my idea of appalling personally.

*You* may think the UK's climate is appalling, and of course you're entitled to your opinion, but you don't seem able to differentiate between your opinion and 'fact'. Most peculiar.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Have you ever appeared in Only Fools and Horses? You seem familiar...
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bob
Well, you'd be wrong, again, but you're used to that.

It rains more in Boston than in most of the UK.

Extremes in weather affect COL far more than the odd day of drizzle.

As for the OP, would think it would depend on long term plans. Want to settle/retire in the US, then your plans would be different than if you just wanted a quick and easy way in for a few years.
agree but as a brit you cant 'retire' in US unless you have appropriate visa..this lady based on her question will likely only get an E2 ...so she will not be able to retire.....At least Boston has a Summer and it gets warm...
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yet again, you're making yourself look daft with a sweeping statement, not 'everyone knows' that the UK weather is 'appalling'. I happen to love the UK climate (well, usually - maybe not the past month though!). Give me a few days rain a month anytime, if that means a green and pleasant land. I hate hot or humid weather, so the idea of living somewhere like Florida is my idea of appalling personally.

*You* may think the UK's climate is appalling, and of course you're entitled to your opinion, but you don't seem able to differentiate between your opinion and 'fact'. Most peculiar.
That's a fair point.....

So here goes amended version: if you like cold weather often , grey sky often , poor summers then yes you may like the UK weather!!!!!...personally I hate it....its depressing...I might join you in your 'darken room' !!...
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

That's a fair point.....

So here goes amended version: if you like cold weather often , grey sky often , poor summers then yes you may like the UK weather!!!!!...personally I hate it....its depressing...I might join you in your 'darken room' !!...
The point is it starts to sound like heaven when you live in LA.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:32 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
You are so right. This was the first place I picked off an agency website. What a slum.

http://www.whitehouseproperties.com/...idxsearch.html
No swimming pool is there?
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
The point is it starts to sound like heaven when you live in LA.
what the UK sounds like heaven ?...
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

My past five summers back home in the UK have been lovely and sunny and we traveled all over the UK.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Hurley1 will become famous soon enoughHurley1 will become famous soon enough

Wow, I seem to have started something here. Thanks again for all your input and funny comments. Love it. Great British sense of humour
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Hurley1
Great British sense of humour

One of things that's sadly lacking over here...
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

jmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Britsimon
Miami doesn't seem "real" so after a few years I was happy to leave. Fun for a holiday - or even an extended period but not more than that. For us, SF Bay area takes it. It is expensive compared to Miami, but it is the best combination that we have found. San Diego is also an awesome city.

What about CA makes it more real to you than Miami?
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Owen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond repute

That's a fair point.....

Only an hour ago, you claimed your non-internet life with your Porsche and your average-sized penis was too much fun for you to spend any more time posting your wrong opinions. And yet here you are, being more wrong. What was it that pulled you back?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.