Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Flight/Cruise from UK to Miami Via Spain with less than 6 months left on

Flight/Cruise from UK to Miami Via Spain with less than 6 months left on

Old Mar 20th 2017, 1:12 pm
Banned

albanks2542 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flight/Cruise from UK to Miami Via Spain with less than 6 months left on

I accept there is no problem from U.S immigration standpoint with having less than 6 months left on a passport. My question however is would the airline, cruise or travel company be ok with having less than 6 months left on a passport to travel from UK by flight to spain and then cruise on to USA and fly back to UK. Would any of those companies involved have a problem or are they required to take their q's from the governments. ESTA runs into very early 2019 cruise would be late fall 2018 and passport end date easter 2018. Would rather avoid new esta application if we can. No further plans to travel to U.S after fall 2018.

Mods please relocate this thread where you see fit if not u.s immigration issue since it was not seen as fit to attempt to extend discussion of an almost identical topic.

Last edited by albanks2542; Mar 20th 2017 at 1:17 pm.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 2:34 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flight/Cruise from UK to Miami Via Spain with less than 6 months left on passport

Originally Posted by albanks2542
... would the airline, cruise or travel company be ok with having less than 6 months left on a passport...
Why don't you simply ask the "airline, cruise or travel company"... or would you rather we do all your research for you?

Ian
Old Mar 20th 2017, 3:03 pm
Banned

Default Re: Flight/Cruise from UK to Miami Via Spain with less than 6 months left on passport

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Why don't you simply ask the "airline, cruise or travel company"... or would you rather we do all your research for you?

Ian
The flights have not been announced yet and won't be till tickets are sent 12 weeks before the cruise date. The ship hasn't even been built yet. I want to be in plenty of time for if anyone would make an issue of less than 6 months on a passport even though usim does not. I would not have renew passport with a year left on it if I can avoid it If all airlines, travel operators and other companies have to take their q's from the governments than that is perfectly fine. if however one was to be funny I could be in real trouble.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

When you renew your passport before its expiration date, they add those months to the new passport expiration date. I renewed with 9 months until expiration so the new one was then valid for 10 years and 9 months.
Just renew it now.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 4:32 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

The ship hasn't even been built yet.
Wow! So why are you concerned about this now? You know when things will expire... do you really need someone here to tell you how to proceed? Get a new passport; don't get a new passport - it's entirely up to you... except if you do get a new passport, you'll need a new ESTA.

This isn't an immigration issue - perhaps a moderator can move this thread elsewhere!

Ian
Old Mar 20th 2017, 5:02 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Wow! So why are you concerned about this now? You know when things will expire... do you really need someone here to tell you how to proceed? Get a new passport; don't get a new passport - it's entirely up to you... except if you do get a new passport, you'll need a new ESTA.

This isn't an immigration issue - perhaps a moderator can move this thread elsewhere!

Ian
I didn't know you could renew a passport with months to go before it expired. Always renewed after it expired. I would rather not renew it if I can avoid that. have a current esta to cover my next 2 trips one at christmas and this possible fall 18 one. But if an airline was to object I would be in a big pickle wouldn't I? I can walk in confident if this forum or a similar forum informs me that they would not or could not.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 5:09 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

I can walk in confident if this forum or a similar forum informs me that they would not or could not.

The specific company may have their own requirements for their passengers. No one here is a mind reader. You appear to know which company you plan to travel with, so why not contact them and request their policy?
Old Mar 20th 2017, 7:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know you could renew a passport with months to go before it expired. Always renewed after it expired. I would rather not renew it if I can avoid that. have a current esta to cover my next 2 trips one at christmas and this possible fall 18 one. But if an airline was to object I would be in a big pickle wouldn't I? I can walk in confident if this forum or a similar forum informs me that they would not or could not.
Here is a statement from the BA site regarding passports:

Identification on international flights
If you're travelling on an international flight, you’ll need a passport or an equivalent travel document that is valid for the full duration of your trip. Your children will also need their own passports, even infants under two years.

Some countries additionally require that the passport is valid for a minimum period beyond your trip, usually three or six months. Visit the IATA Travel Centre to check the passport validity requirements of your destination.

Personally, if my passport had less than 6 months on it I would renew it.

The following might help:

Which Countries Require Six Months of Passport Validity? | USA Today
Old Mar 20th 2017, 7:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Default Re: Flight/Cruise from UK to Miami Via Spain with less than 6 months left

I accept there is no problem from U.S immigration standpoint with having less than 6 months left on a passport. My question however is would the airline, cruise or travel company be ok with having less than 6 months left on a passport to travel from UK by flight to spain and then cruise on to USA and fly back to UK. Would any of those companies involved have a problem or are they required to take their q's from the governments. ESTA runs into very early 2019 cruise would be late fall 2018 and passport end date easter 2018. Would rather avoid new esta application if we can. No further plans to travel to U.S after fall 2018.

Mods please relocate this thread where you see fit if not u.s immigration issue since it was not seen as fit to attempt to extend discussion of an almost identical topic.

I have moved you post over to our General US forum. Yesterday I gave you a final warning not to post in the Immigration forums...perhaps you overlooked it.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Mar 20th 2017 at 7:31 pm.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 7:38 pm
Banned

Default Re: Default Re: Flight/Cruise from UK to Miami Via Spain with less than 6 months left

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I have moved you post over to our General US forum. Yesterday I gave you a final warning not to post in the Immigration forums...perhaps you overlooked it.
Thank you I have posted in Spain forum as well. Get answers for the spanish side. I did not see the need to create another thread on the exact same topic when I just needed the answer to transit into the U.S not travel directly.

Last edited by albanks2542; Mar 20th 2017 at 7:43 pm.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 7:41 pm
Banned

I would rather avoid renewal of passport if it is good to travel on will not need esta after the second trip no plans to go america beyond end of 2018. I shall also ask at a travel agent with regards to the planes. It is the planes I am concerned with It would likely be Ryanair, Easyjet or Flybe for the spain flights and probably BA or Virgin for the UK flights. Ryanair for one are real beggers when it comes to this sort of thing.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 8:03 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flight/Cruise from UK to Miami Via Spain with less than 6 months left on

CALL AND ASK THEM!

Rene
Old Mar 20th 2017, 8:33 pm
Banned

Default Re: Flight/Cruise from UK to Miami Via Spain with less than 6 months left on

Originally Posted by Noorah101
CALL AND ASK THEM!

Rene
I have my answer now from the spanish forum. I have not yet selected which cruise booking agent to travel with yet. There are many really good deals won't come out for another year or so onboard spend, free upgrade that sort of thing. You will end up on their mailing lists if you contact them all.

Thanks for the help.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

iarnell has a reputation beyond reputeiarnell has a reputation beyond reputeiarnell has a reputation beyond reputeiarnell has a reputation beyond reputeiarnell has a reputation beyond reputeiarnell has a reputation beyond reputeiarnell has a reputation beyond reputeiarnell has a reputation beyond reputeiarnell has a reputation beyond reputeiarnell has a reputation beyond reputeiarnell has a reputation beyond repute

ESTA runs into very early 2019 cruise would be late fall 2018 and passport end date easter 2018. Would rather avoid new esta application if we can. No further plans to travel to U.S after fall 2018.
If your passport expires easter 2018, all bets are off. You can't travel in autumn 2018 on an expired passport. If you meant easter 2019, as far as US is concerned, you're good as long as you enter before your ESTA expires and leave before your passport expires.

As others have said, though, the airlines may have other ideas - especially when it comes to the droids at check-in.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 10:19 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Yesterday I gave you a final warning not to post in the Immigration forums...perhaps you overlooked it.
I wonder if he was born this way, or whether it's a learned condition. He seems unable to understand what's going, on and happily chats on despite people not actually caring what he says. Hmm... sounds a lot like the Donald.

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.