Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Flagged for fraud, applying to live in rental property?

Flagged for fraud, applying to live in rental property?

Old Oct 24th 2014, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

tennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flagged for fraud, applying to live in rental property?

Originally Posted by Pulaski
When the number was issued, anyone who has a SSN that was issued long after the person who says it is theirs was born, will ring alarm bells.
Wow yeah, I'm 34 and just now getting a SSN ... that'll do it I reckon!

Again thank you so much for the help and advice. I love you guys
Old Oct 29th 2014, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

tennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond reputetennesseestud has a reputation beyond repute

Quick update ...

I opened a dispute with realpage and they said they were passed information from Kentucky Department of Corrections. If it was an intentional mistake to deny housing to an immigrant I guess they had to make it look nearby to TN for it to be credible. I travelled to Kentucky for a friends wedding that got interrupted by a tornado. KY must be an unlucky place!

So now I'm chasing up a full detailed report, because there might be more wrongful details if my SSN has been mixed up with some dirt.

Great ennit, just my luck as I'm applying for jobs too and to start on credit building. Good start!
Old Oct 29th 2014, 4:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tennesseestud
Quick update ...

I opened a dispute with realpage and they said they were passed information from Kentucky Department of Corrections. If it was an intentional mistake to deny housing to an immigrant I guess they had to make it look nearby to TN for it to be credible. I travelled to Kentucky for a friends wedding that got interrupted by a tornado. KY must be an unlucky place!

So now I'm chasing up a full detailed report, because there might be more wrongful details if my SSN has been mixed up with some dirt.

Great ennit, just my luck as I'm applying for jobs too and to start on credit building. Good start!
Not sure how it applies to property lease applications, but when you are denied credit based on something in your report I believe they are legally obliged to tell you who supplied the report and that agency must provide a copy for free.

Credit Applications - Know Your Rights
Old Oct 29th 2014, 5:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Just thinking out loud. From what you've said so far, it really seems possible that someone has been fraudulently using your SSN before it was issued to you. If you can get hold of a copy of your credit report or this Kentucky thing it might shed some light.

The SSA don't often withdraw your SSN and give you a new one but if you can prove someone has been using your number before it was issued maybe they will do something about it. Might be a real hassle though.