Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

First shoes and shoe fitting

First shoes and shoe fitting

Old Nov 5th 2017, 5:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First shoes and shoe fitting

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
My kids all had really narrow feet and heels so the opposite problem to you but a problem nonetheless. Even going to Clarks in the UK could be frustrating since they don't stock the narrowest fittings in all the sizes and all the shoes. Same thing with start-rite.

My youngest seems to have spent almost all her life either barefoot or in flipflops/sandals and clarkes trainers and she has lovely feet.
Vibrams

Off topic, my cousin is a barefoot marathon runner and has won a few races.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Psyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First shoes and shoe fitting

Originally Posted by Chesten
To some extent I think I know this. Which is why I wanted a specific shoe type and for it to be fitted. He's been taking steps for six weeks and walking confidently for three He's been barefoot thus far but I need something for outdoors. His brother waited to 16/17 months but he walked much later and maybe was indoors more.

Now possibly the first shoes that clarks and other decent brands sell are still considered too restrictive for a young toddler. News to me, they seemed pretty good, so thanks for the advice.

Anyhow I do need something as soft as possible for outdoors walking. Your advice on fitting is exactly what I need and most helpful PF. It's the width element that I'm most uncomfortable with. I think my little man has quite wide feet. It's going to have to be an off the shelf job, but I'm still finding selection v limited locally. I'll ask in the baby/ toddler room at my eldest's preK.
We have a 1 year old and 3 year old (both boys). We have a good independent shoe shop here we almost always go to for fittings. There's a brand call See Kai Run shoes that are pretty soft and some are almost like moccasins with soft leather soles, so good for 12-18 month olds. Not sure I'd let a kid walk on a wet surface outside with them, but ok on dry pavement etc. Our oldest graduated out of those and has wide feet. Keens seem to fit him well although he now has a pair of Stride Rite bought on line.