Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

feeling the heat in Florida

feeling the heat in Florida

Old Nov 16th 2009, 6:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: feeling the heat in Florida

Originally Posted by Ray
For playing tennis or running its lousy
an early morning round of golf is not bad

For being a lazy bastard retiree its great

You have to get out of european ways of hairdos and makeup
and the only clothes you have are t-shirts and short but thats for living here

To visit ...bring few clothes...drink massive amount of water every day and do thing slowly .. to aoid mozzies keep away from still water

What's going on with 'our' Ray today? are you actually encouraging people to move to Florida? I thought you were sick of expats moving there?
Old Nov 16th 2009, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
You get used to it just dont behave like a mad dog and stay out of the midday sun.

You can work outside it's not that bad as long as you keep your fluids up Gatorade is great for that.

I used to work outside most days I was OK. I did once dig a pit 4'x4'x8' and managed to lose 4 inches off my waist whilst working in shorts and a pair of boots.
"shorts and a pair of boots."

The mind boggles. Hope you had the white hankie, tied with 4 corner knots for head protection.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Nov 16th 2009, 7:18 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
What's going on with 'our' Ray today? are you actually encouraging people to move to Florida? I thought you were sick of expats moving there?
when they worry about their hair ..you know you are safe ...
Old Nov 16th 2009, 8:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
when they worry about their hair ..you know you are safe ...
Old Nov 16th 2009, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Florida, best live close to the ocean. Further south, hotter weather, less seasonal. Further north, not as hot, more seasonal, though inland, say Orlando, gets extremely humid in summer.
2-3 months of high humidity, but well worth it for 9-10 months of amazing weather. Beached Sat & Sunday, Saturday night, 3 am we wore light leather jackets. As others have said, don't go running or walking, in the midday sun.

Home, office, cars & restaurants A/C A/C & more A/C.

I describe South Fl as "Discovery Channel in Real life". In one day on the beach, saw 2 Water Spouts, a double rainbow, Manatees, Barracuda, Pelicans diving into a huge school of fish.
Reg. Frank R.

Ps. If the sun & heat leaves Florida, the next day the place will be empty.
Old Nov 16th 2009, 8:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by frrussre
There will always be a few stubborn buggers that stay...plus Sanchez

I am liking the sound of FL more and more, (apart from 3 months) maybe I should do more research
Old Nov 16th 2009, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Last Monday was my birthday (Heading for the next year big one 60), over that weekend, I had 2 days of stressful meaning of life thoughts. Should we return to NYC, been in Ft lauderdale 3.5 years, do miss the big city action, really miss the, in the center of it all, miss the walking everywhere, miss walking in the park, don't miss the filthy streets. Then there were really strong thoughts of going back to dear old Blightly, getting older & really really missing the place.

Result, can't give up the sun, sand & seeing flowers & exotic plants in the gardens, that once we only saw inside our homes. The sky was so blue, yesterday, in the evening it was the most amazing sunset, looked like it had been painted.

Ps. Florida, is certainly not for everyone, plus, workers rights are non existent, humidity can be tough, put up with rude, Floridians, in Miami, get told to learn Spanish, cheeky bastards.
Old Nov 16th 2009, 8:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Florida, best live close to the ocean. Further south, hotter weather, less seasonal. Further north, not as hot, more seasonal, though inland, say Orlando, gets extremely humid in summer.
2-3 months of high humidity, but well worth it for 9-10 months of amazing weather. Beached Sat & Sunday, Saturday night, 3 am we wore light leather jackets. As others have said, don't go running or walking, in the midday sun.

Home, office, cars & restaurants A/C A/C & more A/C.

I describe South Fl as "Discovery Channel in Real life". In one day on the beach, saw 2 Water Spouts, a double rainbow, Manatees, Barracuda, Pelicans diving into a huge school of fish.
Reg. Frank R.

We do have one of the best diving spots in the world too...
Old Nov 16th 2009, 8:26 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
We do have one of the best diving spots in the world too...
And we can shoot people that might attack us
Old Nov 16th 2009, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Englishtart
There will always be a few stubborn buggers that stay...plus Sanchez

I am liking the sound of FL more and more, (apart from 3 months) maybe I should do more research
Even Sanchez, is only here for sun. No sun, "Will the last person to leave, please close the door" ( London Times or Telegraph 1960's. During the brain drain)

Reg. Frank R.
Old Nov 16th 2009, 8:32 pm
Ray

Even Sanchez, is only here for sun. No sun, "Will the last person to leave, please close the door" ( London Times or Telegraph 1960's. During the brain drain)

Reg. Frank R.
Sanchez is here for my money ..bastard want another rise for Jan ..
It rocketed to $2.15 an hour last Jan
Old Nov 16th 2009, 8:42 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

AN HOUR??

That's almost a 100% rise for a day on some of the wages they pay up north for a Manuel Labour'
Old Nov 16th 2009, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ray
Sanchez is here for my money ..bastard want another rise for Jan ..
It rocketed to $2.15 an hour last Jan
Ah! Raymond, your a pisser.

Keep the bastards down.

Show them your gun collection, that will make them take less. Give em a dollar & a dream.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Nov 16th 2009, 8:57 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
AN HOUR??

That's almost a 100% rise for a day on some of the wages they pay up north for a Manuel Labour'
Ah! Raymond, your a pisser.

Keep the bastards down.

Show them your gun collection, that will make them take less. Give em a dollar & a dream.

Reg. Frank R.
I am just old fashioned and over generous
Old Nov 16th 2009, 9:04 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

"shorts and a pair of boots."

The mind boggles. Hope you had the white hankie, tied with 4 corner knots for head protection.

Reg. Frank R.
It was pointless wearing any more clothes than that owing to the sweating I was doing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.