Reload this Page >

Electronics web site

Electronics web site

Old Dec 16th 2009, 7:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Electronics web site

Originally Posted by Englishtart
I feel for you, and the daughter. Not fun being scammed I'm sure (touching wood) especially for your hard earned cash!

Hope your footy team does well at least! Spread the word however you can that the company are no good and let all your Brit friends know about the Western Union scammers.
Merry Christmas.
Liverpool are 1 up.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 7:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Apparently my background check isn't done yet...
Buggar!! it's always something huh
Old Dec 16th 2009, 7:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Liverpool are 1 up.
YAY!! Go liverpool
Old Dec 16th 2009, 7:29 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Englishtart
YAY!! Go liverpool
I wouldn't normally root for the scousers, but in this case I think the OP deserves some small measure of consolation...
Old Dec 16th 2009, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

malcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond repute

The plot thickens.
I have just spoken to my mate Dave on the phone and the 'Dave' i have been e-mailing has actually been a hacker.
My mate has had his blog site hacked and his details used to e-mail people from his contacts list saying that he has used the mentioned site. So, when i replied to him asking him if the electronics site was genuine and he confirmed that it was, IT WASNT HIM, IT WAS THE HACKER.
The first my mate knew was when i e-mailed him today telling him what was going on. He states that other people on his contact list have recieved similar e-mails.
He has a friend in the USA who is a computer wiz and he is trying to do a paper trail of the hacker.
I will keep you posted.
Thanks for your comments
Old Dec 16th 2009, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by malcoltom
The plot thickens.
I have just spoken to my mate Dave on the phone and the 'Dave' i have been e-mailing has actually been a hacker.
My mate has had his blog site hacked and his details used to e-mail people from his contacts list saying that he has used the mentioned site. So, when i replied to him asking him if the electronics site was genuine and he confirmed that it was, IT WASNT HIM, IT WAS THE HACKER.
The first my mate knew was when i e-mailed him today telling him what was going on. He states that other people on his contact list have recieved similar e-mails.
He has a friend in the USA who is a computer wiz and he is trying to do a paper trail of the hacker.
I will keep you posted.
Thanks for your comments
Yeah, keep us updated...we need another thread with a long wait to see if it turns out well. We just got the result on the USC going thru Canada with no US passport! pretty anti climactic too, hope your results are more interesting!
Old Dec 17th 2009, 2:48 pm
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute

I am just watching the Today show and they are doing a report on fake websites in the run up to Christmas.

They are basically saying, if its too good to be true it probably is!!!

Not much use to the OP now, but interesting that this is a big thing at this time of year!!
Old Dec 17th 2009, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Burn1911
I am just watching the Today show and they are doing a report on fake websites in the run up to Christmas.

They are basically saying, if its too good to be true it probably is!!!

Not much use to the OP now, but interesting that this is a big thing at this time of year!!
There was always an escalation in this particular type of fraud at this time of year. Even back in the day when a paddy in a van offered to sell you a VCR, showed you it then switched boxes while your attention was elsewhere, so when you got home and opened the box, it had a brick in it.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 3:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

There was always an escalation in this particular type of fraud at this time of year. Even back in the day when a paddy in a van offered to sell you a VCR, showed you it then switched boxes while your attention was elsewhere, so when you got home and opened the box, it had a brick in it.
Paddy in a van!

Should this not be on the Politically Incorrect thread
Old Dec 17th 2009, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Boiler
Paddy in a van!

Should this not be on the Politically Incorrect thread
Nah, I make a point of being incorrect wherever I find myself.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:00 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.whois.net/whois/hfwpiw.com

no apparent US connection, no reviews, smacks of scam.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

emailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really nice

Very sad, sorry you've had so much hassle.

Its similar to another story I've heard

- you get email or IM from your friend, saying they are traveling but lost passport / tickets / been arrested (select as appropriate)
- can you help me out mate?
- sure, what do you need?
- just western union me a couple of hundred bucks, I'll pay you back when I get to england. I'm up the creek without a paddle here, need your help
etc etc.

People have learned to trust emails implicitly, but not trust their judgment (not a criticism of the above posts, just a comment).
Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

emailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really nice

yeah. that's the "quality speakers at knock down prices" scam. Typically found in pub car parks around closing time...