Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Educational Qualifications Equivalence

Educational Qualifications Equivalence

Old Sep 27th 2016, 6:09 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Educational Qualifications Equivalence

Stu, rather than to continue on this post with your immigration questions, please start a new thread in the marriage visa based forum.

Rete
Old Sep 27th 2016, 7:35 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuwoolf

Those costs, coupled with the time for completiing the process (between 8 - 15 months?) gives me something to think about.

It seems that your qualifications do not make you eligible for an H1B visa, but if you were, your prospective employer would put your application into the lottery next spring, for a start date of October 1, 2017 -- so that is slower than you coming as a spouse or fiance, and it isn't a definite that you would win in the lottery.
Old Sep 28th 2016, 6:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

What status does your US partner have in the UK?

As mentioned previously, leaving the UK for two years or more could have an impact on whether she is allowed entry to live in the UK when you return.
Old Sep 28th 2016, 6:09 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
What status does your US partner have in the UK?

As mentioned previously, leaving the UK for two years or more could have an impact on whether she is allowed entry to live in the UK when you return.
Per another thread that he started today, Noorah and I believe that his gf/fiancée is in the US, most likely it would seem, in NJ.

ETA I see you have found the other thread.
Old Sep 28th 2016, 6:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Per another thread that he started today, Noorah and I believe that his gf/fiancée is in the US, most likely it would seem, in NJ.

ETA I see you have found the other thread.
I asked the question because I cannot work out where his "partner" lives from the following:

I am contemplating a move to New Jersey to live with my partner, a US citizen. Maybe for just a year or 2 before we both come back to Scotland (current circumstances mean my partner must be in NJ but she loves it here in Scotland!)
Old Sep 28th 2016, 6:30 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
I asked the question because I cannot work out where his "partner" lives from the following:

I am contemplating a move to New Jersey to live with my partner, a US citizen. Maybe for just a year or 2 before we both come back to Scotland (current circumstances mean my partner must be in NJ but she loves it here in Scotland!)
That's certainly ambiguous, but given the totality of the OP's posts, I think that the "partner" is living in NJ, and that she enjoys visiting Scotland (may be she's there right now, hence the present tense ).
Old Sep 28th 2016, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

stuwoolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

After being advised to open another thread in Visa I have not looked in here much. To be clear I have given a bit more info here.

I fearl I may not have been clear about my situation.

My partner was in Scotland for about 6 months or so. She had a working visa and was working 30 hours a week.

Due to illness at home she returned to New Jersey where she now stays.

I dont understand why .... leaving the UK for two years or more could have an impact on whether she (my partner) is allowed entry to live in the UK when you return. ..." Grateful for clarification on this.
Old Sep 28th 2016, 6:49 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuwoolf
Hi all,

After being advised to open another thread in Visa I have not looked in here much. To be clear I have given a bit more info here.

I fearl I may not have been clear about my situation.

My partner was in Scotland for about 6 months or so. She had a working visa and was working 30 hours a week.

Due to illness at home she returned to New Jersey where she now stays.

I dont understand why .... leaving the UK for two years or more could have an impact on whether she (my partner) is allowed entry to live in the UK when you return. ..." Grateful for clarification on this.
Assuming you get married, there are certain requirements YOU must meet, financially, for her to immigrate to Scotland in the future. If you live in the USA for 2 years, you might have trouble meeting those qualifications, that's all we were referring to.

Rene
Old Sep 28th 2016, 6:51 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is closed. Discussion continued in marriage based visa forum.

Rene