Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Decent Womens/Teen Girl Clothes Stores

Decent Womens/Teen Girl Clothes Stores

Old Sep 27th 2017, 1:33 am
Just Joined

mrsbrown1971 has a reputation beyond reputemrsbrown1971 has a reputation beyond reputemrsbrown1971 has a reputation beyond reputemrsbrown1971 has a reputation beyond reputemrsbrown1971 has a reputation beyond reputemrsbrown1971 has a reputation beyond reputemrsbrown1971 has a reputation beyond reputemrsbrown1971 has a reputation beyond reputemrsbrown1971 has a reputation beyond reputemrsbrown1971 has a reputation beyond reputemrsbrown1971 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Decent Womens/Teen Girl Clothes Stores

Can anyone recommend the above? I'm mid 40's and my daughter is 14 and we are seriously struggling to find some nice autumn clothes. We've tried the likes of TJ Maxx, Ross and even Target and Walmart. Is there a US version of chains like Dorothy Perkins and New Look? We're in Katy, TX.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decent Womens/Teen Girl Clothes Stores

I really have no clue about women's fashion, but have you checked out some malls?

Otherwise Amazon to the rescue.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 2:52 am
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

My wife has been obsessed with H&M ever since they opened a store locally but you can do online ordering too. You could also try Charlotte Russe, Gap, Forever 21, Old Navy etc.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 2:59 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Decent Womens/Teen Girl Clothes Stores

Originally Posted by mrsbrown1971
Can anyone recommend the above? I'm mid 40's and my daughter is 14 and we are seriously struggling to find some nice autumn clothes. We've tried the likes of TJ Maxx, Ross and even Target and Walmart. Is there a US version of chains like Dorothy Perkins and New Look? We're in Katy, TX.
Ha ha....I always come back from trips to the UK with a suitcase of clothes I've bought there.

The only chain store I like for clothing here is Ann Taylor LOFT (I have to wear petite clothes as I'm short).

You may be interested to know that you can buy clothes from FATFACE and Boden in the US, mailed domestically so there are no customs duty charges. Certainly with Boden if you register for their emails they send discount voucher codes so you never pay the full retail price...perhaps it is similar for FATFACE.

[url.us.fatface.com[/url] Ooops....I can't get the link to work via my iPad, but just google it lol

Shop Autumn Sale 2017 at Boden USA | Women's, Men's & Kids' Clothing & Accessories

I may be wrong but I think that Marks and Spencer also do US deliveries very inexpensively

Last edited by Englishmum; Sep 27th 2017 at 3:03 am.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 3:02 am
Just Joined

mrsbrown1971 has a reputation beyond reputemrsbrown1971 has a reputation beyond reputemrsbrown1971 has a reputation beyond reputemrsbrown1971 has a reputation beyond reputemrsbrown1971 has a reputation beyond reputemrsbrown1971 has a reputation beyond reputemrsbrown1971 has a reputation beyond reputemrsbrown1971 has a reputation beyond reputemrsbrown1971 has a reputation beyond reputemrsbrown1971 has a reputation beyond reputemrsbrown1971 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
I really have no clue about women's fashion, but have you checked out some malls?

Otherwise Amazon to the rescue.
Thank you
Old Sep 27th 2017, 3:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Ha ha....I always come back from trips to the UK with a suitcase of clothes I've bought there.

The only chain store I like for clothing here is Ann Taylor LOFT (I have to wear petite clothes as I'm short).

You may be interested to know that you can buy clothes from FATFACE and Boden in the US, mailed domestically so there are no customs duty charges. Certainly with Boden if you register for their emails they send discount voucher codes so you never pay the full retail price...perhaps it is similar for FATFACE.

[url.us.fatface.com[/url]

Shop Autumn Sale 2017 at Boden USA | Women's, Men's & Kids' Clothing & Accessories

I may be wrong but I think that Marks and Spencer also do US deliveries very inexpensively
Thank you so much. I'm also petite and have noticed there's not much about.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 3:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
My wife has been obsessed with H&M ever since they opened a store locally but you can do online ordering too. You could also try Charlotte Russe, Gap, Forever 21, Old Navy etc.
Thank you that's a few names to go on!
Old Sep 27th 2017, 3:17 am
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute

My teenage daughters like American Eagle Outfitters (they are the only place we've found with long enough jeans for my 6' daughter) and Old Navy.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 3:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kins
My teenage daughters like American Eagle Outfitters (they are the only place we've found with long enough jeans for my 6' daughter) and Old Navy.
Thank you
Old Sep 27th 2017, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

sarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Decent Womens/Teen Girl Clothes Stores

My teenage daughter and myself go to TJ Maxx, we use the internet for clothes purchases, and ask relatives to send items over from the UK.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 3:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sarasota chic
My teenage daughter and myself go to TJ Maxx, we use the internet for clothes purchases, and ask relatives to send items over from the UK.
Thank you.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

sherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond repute

LOFT is pretty good for clothes for 40-something women who don't want to dress like teenagers but also like to wear trendy/unique/fun outfits. Same with Banana Republic, which is good quality although a little bit more formal.

Beware LOFT outlet and BR Outlet, especially denim: they can have some cheap bargains, but quality is generally much lower than at the 'full price' stores (most of the outlet stores and places like Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Nordstrom Rack make specific, lower cost-quality, clothing lines for their outlets).

If you are missing UK clothing, ASOS ships to the US free (with free returns and no sales tax!) although not all items will ship (no shoes, some brands, such as the Spanish giants Pimkie, Pull&Bear).

NEXT, M&S and New Look also ship to the US for free. TopShop has a US presence and you can buy online.

Your daughter should love Forever21 (TopShop on crack ) and I've also found a few really great, spectacularly cheap pieces there too for myself (enjoying last few months of 30s ). You do have to rifle through racks of stuff, pay attention to quality and there's no real order to anything so it's not the place to go when you just want something quickly.

Charlotte Russe and Papaya (ultra cheap H&M clones without the Euro-fashion edge unfortunately) are always a hit with teen girls.

American Eagle Outfitters, as mentioned, do great jeans. There's much more online than in the shops.

Great bargains can be had at Nordstrom Rack, particularly in the Shoe section but again, you'll need to rifle through loads of stuff: plan to spend a couple of hours there to go through everything.

CottonON and Express have some good stuff for teens as do some of the lower end department stores: Kohl's, JCPenny and Macy's.

<Want to become a shopping expert like me? Get yourself a H-4 visa and mis-spend hours of your life in malls and online>
Old Sep 27th 2017, 4:44 am
BE Enthusiast

sherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsbrown1971
Thank you so much. I'm also petite and have noticed there's not much about.
Try the petite sections at LOFT, Banana Republic and Nordstrom Rack.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 4:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sherbert
LOFT is pretty good for clothes for 40-something women who don't want to dress like teenagers but also like to wear trendy/unique/fun outfits. Same with Banana Republic, which is good quality although a little bit more formal.

Beware LOFT outlet and BR Outlet, especially denim: they can have some cheap bargains, but quality is generally much lower than at the 'full price' stores (most of the outlet stores and places like Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Nordstrom Rack make specific, lower cost-quality, clothing lines for their outlets).

If you are missing UK clothing, ASOS ships to the US free (with free returns and no sales tax!) although not all items will ship (no shoes, some brands, such as the Spanish giants Pimkie, Pull&Bear).

NEXT, M&S and New Look also ship to the US for free. TopShop has a US presence and you can buy online.

Your daughter should love Forever21 (TopShop on crack ) and I've also found a few really great, spectacularly cheap pieces there too for myself (enjoying last few months of 30s ). You do have to rifle through racks of stuff, pay attention to quality and there's no real order to anything so it's not the place to go when you just want something quickly.

Charlotte Russe and Papaya (ultra cheap H&M clones without the Euro-fashion edge unfortunately) are always a hit with teen girls.

American Eagle Outfitters, as mentioned, do great jeans. There's much more online than in the shops.

Great bargains can be had at Nordstrom Rack, particularly in the Shoe section but again, you'll need to rifle through loads of stuff: plan to spend a couple of hours there to go through everything.

CottonON and Express have some good stuff for teens as do some of the lower end department stores: Kohl's, JCPenny and Macy's.

<Want to become a shopping expert like me? Get yourself a H-4 visa and mis-spend hours of your life in malls and online>
Wow this is great thanks so much! I knew about Next and someone mentioned M&S before but I didn't know about New Look! Thanks again.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Just did another quick recce:

These all also (apparently) ship to the US:
- Dorothy Perkins
- Oasis
- River Island
- Peacocks

And a whole bunch of others I am too uncool to have heard of (in the slideshow at the bottom of the page): 22 International Clothing Stores That Ship to USA | StyleCaster

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.