Reload this Page >

couple of questions

couple of questions

Old Apr 19th 2017, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

knackerr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: couple of questions

Originally Posted by Rete
They believe you to be honest. As for your fear of suffering white coat syndrome on the day of your medical, note there was a post not long ago with the same 'disease'. He had to go to his medical doctor be tested again and so forth and the results sent to Knightsbridge before his immigration medical was signed off on.

As for the length of time to use the visa, yes, it is six months from the date of the medical. However, if you take the medical a month before your scheduled consulate interview, then the time period is already down by a month. The visa is not issued the same day. It takes up to 10 days to get your passport back via courier with the visa in it so you are down another 2 weeks. So keep an eye on the time.
I thought their checks would be very thorough because anybody could just put anything. i can show them my medical history if need be though
Old Apr 19th 2017, 7:35 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knackerr
I thought their checks would be very thorough because anybody could just put anything.
That's true enough... but if you lie and get caught, the result could be a lifetime ban from the US - and, if you have a USC spouse and/or children, it'll make no difference whatsoever! So, it's generally not a good idea to try to hide or cover up an issue. The cover up carries a worse punishment than the truth.

Ian
Old Apr 19th 2017, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
That's true enough... but if you lie and get caught, the result could be a lifetime ban from the US - and, if you have a USC spouse and/or children, it'll make no difference whatsoever! So, it's generally not a good idea to try to hide or cover up an issue. The cover up carries a worse punishment than the truth.

Ian
Definitely not worth it! Would be worried about any future that i do have over there.what type of follow ups do they do on the medical questionnaire?
Old Apr 19th 2017, 7:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

my wife has indefinite leave to remain status in the UK so we are filing through the London consulate. hopefully it only takes 6 months for the entire process.
While your wife has Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK, unless she takes out British citizenship, moving to the US and being out of the UK for 2 years or more, will mean that, should you wish to return to the UK, you will have to sponsor her again for a spouse visa.

If she arrived in the UK prior to 2012 that will also mean having to qualify under new financial rules.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
While your wife has Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK, unless she takes out British citizenship, moving to the US and being out of the UK for 2 years or more, will mean that, should you wish to return to the UK, you will have to sponsor her again for a spouse visa.

If she arrived in the UK prior to 2012 that will also mean having to qualify under new financial rules.
We are in the process of getting her citizenship. We know it's a lot harder to get back in. We are looking at evidence of residency that my wife needs to send in to support my application. She will have her ILR on her passport. Does she need to send in further evidence such as utility bills or council tax bills to show we've been married and resident I the uk?

Last edited by knackerr; Apr 19th 2017 at 10:06 pm. Reason: Typing error
Old Apr 19th 2017, 10:13 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I thought their checks with the GP where usually automatic. I know they do give that questionnaire but how do they follow up and believe your answers?
When you travel to the US and complete the initial ESTA or complete the form on the plane (do they still do that?????) they believe your answers. So what is the difference.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 10:15 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

We are in the process of getting her citizenship. We know it's a lot harder to get back in. We are looking at evidence of residency that my wife needs to send in to support my application. She will have her ILR on her passport. Does she need to send in further evidence such as utility bills or council tax bills to show we've been married and resident I the uk?
When doing DCF, there is no real need to show "proof". She is in the UK legally and living with you and will probably attend the interview with you. She is not invited btw so you will have to see about getting her name on the list. Don't overthink or confuse your process with stateside submission of the I-130.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

When doing DCF, there is no real need to show "proof". She is in the UK legally and living with you and will probably attend the interview with you. She is not invited btw so you will have to see about getting her name on the list. Don't overthink or confuse your process with stateside submission of the I-130.
Thanks for the reply, I was reading the London consulate website and it was mentioning utility bills etc. Must be for filing within the US. Also you might be able to answer this.....but my wife and I will not have employment over in the states but we will be living with her father and actively seeking jobs. Does he need to complete a form? I also heard something about the wife having to complete tax returns?
Old Apr 20th 2017, 2:19 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Your visa questions belong in the marriage- based visa forum.

The USC completes an I-864. If she doesn't qualify financially either by income and/or assets, a joint sponsor can be used.

Go to www.uscis.gov and read the I-864 form and instructions.

And yes, 3 years of US tax returns if she earned enough to warrant filing one.

Rene
Old Apr 20th 2017, 2:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

I thought their checks would be very thorough because anybody could just put anything. i can show them my medical history if need be though
You say that you and wife will not be working when in the US. Have you thought about the cost of medical insurance both you and she will need when living in the US?

It would appear you have some medical issues, so this could mean medical costs.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 4:03 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
You say that you and wife will not be working when in the US. Have you thought about the cost of medical insurance both you and she will need when living in the US?

It would appear you have some medical issues, so this could mean medical costs.
He did not say that but asked what is it like to work in the US. When they first get here, they will not have employment.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 5:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

He did not say that but asked what is it like to work in the US. When they first get here, they will not have employment.
Yes, I understand that .... in his first post the OP says its health care that they are most concerned about, so just wanting to make sure they have taken into consideration the cost of health care in the US.

.... no knowing when and if they will get jobs with health benefits.