Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

could we have a read me, for moving to the USA!

could we have a read me, for moving to the USA!

Old May 30th 2009, 2:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: could we have a read me, for moving to the USA!

Originally Posted by CitySimon
How about a single check box question before any person with less than 20 posts is allowed to start a thread which just reads "Have you recently been on holiday to Florida?"

If they check the box, to reply yes, they get an "out of office" or "No vacancies!" reply from the entire website.
Quite a few for LA recently
Old May 30th 2009, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Whoa! I'd never seen the BauHausFiend threads.

...and the last post in this thread showed me a side of Rete that I think I like!!!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=BauHausFiend
He was a true classic... Nuts, but a classic all the same. His original thread (started on April 1st 2004) is the best one... He had a lot of people convinced it was an April Fools Day joke. Apparently it wasn't.

Here's the original thread (get some popcorn):
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221499

Last edited by CitySimon; May 30th 2009 at 2:31 am.
Old May 30th 2009, 2:37 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

He was a true classic... Nuts, but a classic all the same. His original thread (started on April 1st 2004) is the best one... He had a lot of people convinced it was an April Fools Day joke. Apparently it wasn't.

Here's the original thread (get some popcorn):
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221499
I'm reading it now!

Hey Simon, your tender post count belies your haggard years on BE! You've been here FOREVER!
Old May 30th 2009, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

I'm reading it now!

Hey Simon, your tender post count belies your haggard years on BE! You've been here FOREVER!
Enjoy... It's an awesome thread.

When I was first over here I spent hours every day on here, but once I got a job I took a break for 18 months or so while I "assimilated" properly to life in the US so my post count is definitely quite low (compared to some).
Old May 30th 2009, 2:46 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy... It's an awesome thread.

When I was first over here I spent hours every day on here, but once I got a job I took a break for 18 months or so while I "assimilated" properly to life in the US so my post count is definitely quite low (compared to some).
That's an AWESOME thread!

I thought I didn't post much here... but my post count scares me.
Old May 30th 2009, 2:48 am
member of little note

made of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond repute

Where's the fun in that??? Some of the best threads on this forum start from some muppet coming on saying "I want to move to Florida, what Airline should I take? Also, when I arrive do I just get a stamp in my passport to let me stay?"

Think of Guinevere... If her thread had been locked and deleted, her classic "I'm new here" thread would have ended after two posts and THAT would have been a travesty.

Also what about BauHausFiend and his imaginary wife and his Mum coming onto the website to yell at us all?? Where would we have been if that thread had been closed?
after your post I investigated bauhousfiend and guinevere, and I actually think they wouldn't apply to the rule as they started with a "real problem" all be it made up by bauhousfiend.
I have to say I enjoyed bauhousfiend up until his mum joined and then I have to say I was a bit, well alot shocked, by the reactions, poor woman, you can all make assumptions about her but she apologized and then got slated? admittedly I as the mother would have removed the computer from his room and if he had continued put nails in the mother board! but its hard being a mum! my kids are shits! and I find it hard to reduce them to tears for a punishment they are 4! although I know! that is the only way to get the message across, and I constantly have to remind myself that if they are shits at school they will be unpopular, and I don't want that! I was bullied at school, and I don't imagine they will as 2 of them, but either end of the scale means no friends!
sorry stream of consciousness and dyslexic
Old May 30th 2009, 2:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I thought I didn't post much here... but my post count scares me.
1.65 a day is the start of a slippery slope...
Old May 30th 2009, 2:52 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by made of kent
I have to say I enjoyed bauhousfiend up until his mum joined
oh come on - the bit where she calls him "one hell of a little shit" is one of those tea/coffee/red wine all over the screen moments

ETA: and again when she calls Ray a "screwed up midgetfucker"

Last edited by elfman; May 30th 2009 at 2:58 am.
Old May 30th 2009, 3:02 am
Arrogant ****

Originally Posted by elfman
...ETA: and again when she calls Ray a "screwed up midgetfucker"
What? Hold on... you mean he isn't?!?

I thought that was what made his fame and fortune?
Old May 30th 2009, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

oh come on - the bit where she calls him "one hell of a little shit" is one of those tea/coffee/red wine all over the screen moments
Ah yes... Back in the days of BrigieDarling, WelshBoyBilly (in his original form), Jack Daws and that Manc1976 guy (whoever he is).

Good memories had by all... Except for, maybe, BauHausFiend.

Having said that, he'd be 21 now so could move to Tennessee with his 30 year old American wife without the risk of her being accused of rape of a minor... Great Days!!

Last edited by CitySimon; May 30th 2009 at 3:13 am.
Old May 30th 2009, 3:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

I've read the wee Geordie's thread several before - post 102 almost reduces me to tears every time Naughty Manc
Old May 30th 2009, 7:11 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Whoa! I'd never seen the BauHausFiend threads.
...and the last post in this thread showed me a side of Rete that I think like!!!
And in her quote there..another complet story hiding ..the Dave she was referring too was Seadave ...whick was one of many name this guys used

he told all about the philipino wife he brought over ..the fine dining for the wedding at KFC ..then 6 months later telling us how she ran off ...the whole thing was in his mind
Old May 30th 2009, 7:12 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

ETA: and again when she calls Ray a "screwed up midgetfucker"
She called me worse than that in private emails
if fact I doubt it was his mother..eventually I arranged
something and all communications stopped
Old May 30th 2009, 7:28 pm
Ray

30 year old American wife without the risk of her being accused of rape of a minor... Great Days!!
She married somebody else years ago and has got 2 children last time I saw her details ..
Old May 30th 2009, 7:54 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
And in her quote there..another complet story hiding ..the Dave she was referring too was Seadave ...whick was one of many name this guys used

he told all about the philipino wife he brought over ..the fine dining for the wedding at KFC ..then 6 months later telling us how she ran off ...the whole thing was in his mind
I keep meaning to find one of his great threads to add to this one.. later on I'll have a dig.
You know he went and got fiancee #2 right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.