Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

could we have a read me, for moving to the USA!

could we have a read me, for moving to the USA!

Old May 29th 2009, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: could we have a read me, for moving to the USA!

Originally Posted by dbj1000
I second that! What a great idea!
+1
Old May 29th 2009, 3:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebs
+1
& me
Old May 29th 2009, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
I vote that all future threads about moving to the US that the poster clearly has done no research be locked and a message posted telling them to read the sections already posted and use the search. Then they can post with specific questions. If they re-post the same junk, delete.
Where's the fun in that??? Some of the best threads on this forum start from some muppet coming on saying "I want to move to Florida, what Airline should I take? Also, when I arrive do I just get a stamp in my passport to let me stay?"

Think of Guinevere... If her thread had been locked and deleted, her classic "I'm new here" thread would have ended after two posts and THAT would have been a travesty.

Also what about BauHausFiend and his imaginary wife and his Mum coming onto the website to yell at us all?? Where would we have been if that thread had been closed?

Last edited by CitySimon; May 29th 2009 at 4:15 pm.
Old May 29th 2009, 4:28 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CitySimon
Where's the fun in that??? Some of the best threads on this forum start from some muppet coming on saying "I want to move to Florida, what Airline should I take? Also, when I arrive do I just get a stamp in my passport to let me stay?"

Think of Guinevere... If her thread had been locked and deleted, her classic "I'm new here" thread would have ended after two posts and THAT would have been a travesty.

Also what about BauHausFiend and his imaginary wife and his Mum coming onto the website to yell at us all?? Where would we have been if that thread had been closed?
Not to mention that Brit/Canadian/Aussie/Indian bloke who was looking to cheat on his wife in Dubai.

What ever happened to him?
Old May 29th 2009, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Not to mention that Brit/Canadian/Aussie/Indian bloke who was looking to cheat on his wife in Dubai.

What ever happened to him?
I understand that he's now in NorCal or Washington? Apparently?
Old May 29th 2009, 8:52 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

not enough hours in the day to cull that many threads

would need to make it an automated feature
Old May 29th 2009, 10:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed
Old May 30th 2009, 2:01 am
BE Enthusiast

caleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond repute

Nonsense. Admit it, you wake up every morning excited to check BE to find the latest muppet to tear into!

I REALLY, REALLY would like a banner or sign or something that makes it clear to people that text-speak is not acceptable form.

I think these posts are, by and large, relatively serious and important and merit people taking the time to write properly. I feel that a text-speak post is more likely to result in us assuming that the poster is a Florida case, when in actual fact they may have a legitimate case for a visa.
Old May 30th 2009, 2:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by caleyjag
Nonsense. Admit it, you wake up every morning excited to check BE to find the latest muppet to tear into!

I REALLY, REALLY would like a banner or sign or something that makes it clear to people that text-speak is not acceptable form.
U tlkn 2 me m8?

Old May 30th 2009, 2:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
Agreed
Definitely agree, and we all wait to see dbj's withering Wildean comments
Old May 30th 2009, 2:15 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Definitely agree, and we all wait to see dbj's withering Wildean comments
Why thank you Sally!

Though I'm not sure that "Bollocks!" was Wilde's preferred line of witty repartee on his preferred internet notice boards...

p.s. You calling me a poof, eh, eh?
Old May 30th 2009, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
not enough hours in the day to cull that many threads

would need to make it an automated feature
How about a single check box question before any person with less than 20 posts is allowed to start a thread which just reads "Have you recently been on holiday to Florida?"

If they check the box, to reply yes, they get an "out of office" or "No vacancies!" reply from the entire website.
Old May 30th 2009, 2:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Why thank you Sally!

Though I'm not sure that "Bollocks!" was Wilde's preferred line of witty repartee on his preferred internet notice boards...

Ah, Butch Oscar... I think you'll find he was a whoopsie, not a poof.

"Blackadder Goes Forth" reference anyone?
Old May 30th 2009, 2:21 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Whoa! I'd never seen the BauHausFiend threads.

...and the last post in this thread showed me a side of Rete that I think I like!!!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=BauHausFiend
Old May 30th 2009, 2:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Why thank you Sally!

Just part of a culture of male love inspired by the Greek paederastic tradition.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.