British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Clotted cream or similar in the Bay Area (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/clotted-cream-similar-bay-area-724280/)

Poppy girl Jul 10th 2011 11:13 pm

Re: Clotted cream or similar in the Bay Area

Originally Posted by britishspouse (Post 9487249)
ahh gotcha :) I wasnt sure.

Sounds like a fun job!

Fatal actually in and out of the main stores all the time you see a bargin and have to have it, gets me everytime :lol:

britishspouse Jul 10th 2011 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by Poppy girl (Post 9487253)
Fatal actually in and out of the main stores all the time you see a bargin and have to have it, gets me everytime :lol:

hahah oh gosh yes didnt think about that part :P

Mummy in the foothills Jul 11th 2011 10:12 pm

I usually buy what is labeled as heavy whipping cream in any grocery store and whip it up using a packet of Whip it, found in World market for $1 it works great.

sarahlou145 Jul 11th 2011 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 9489501)
I usually buy what is labeled as heavy whipping cream in any grocery store and whip it up using a packet of Whip it, found in World market for $1 it works great.

Im going to World Market this week to get golden syrup, digestives and maltesers for my malteser cake :)

N1cky Jul 11th 2011 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by sarahlou145 (Post 9489512)
Im going to World Market this week to get golden syrup, digestives and maltesers for my malteser cake :)

If you are going to go to so much trouble I think you should invite all the Brits in the area, as we'd appreciate all the effort, it'll be wasted on Americans:lol:

sarahlou145 Jul 11th 2011 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by N1cky (Post 9489532)
If you are going to go to so much trouble I think you should invite all the Brits in the area, as we'd appreciate all the effort, it'll be wasted on Americans:lol:

there will be 5 Brits at the party, but if anyone drops out Ill send you an invite :D

britishspouse Jul 11th 2011 11:17 pm

mmm i loving mixing malteasers and digestives as a base for my baileys cheesecake :D

jackattack Jul 12th 2011 1:12 am

Originally Posted by N1cky (Post 9489532)

I agree.

Just remembered I bought Percy Pigs for the nipper while I was in England and stashed them away for her. Going to go and raid the pack right now, she'll never know what she's missing. And they're wasted on the USC hubby too. Mine, all mine.

sarahlou145 Jul 12th 2011 1:22 am

Originally Posted by jackattack (Post 9489689)
I agree.

Just remembered I bought Percy Pigs for the nipper while I was in England and stashed them away for her. Going to go and raid the pack right now, she'll never know what she's missing. And they're wasted on the USC hubby too. Mine, all mine.

OMG Percy pigs, I best add m&s to my list too :)