Reload this Page >

Car Insurance Quotes (NJ) - wanted to share

Car Insurance Quotes (NJ) - wanted to share

Old Apr 27th 2011, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

cassia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car Insurance Quotes (NJ) - wanted to share

Hi all,

I just received a couple of car insurance quotes from Progressive and Geico which I thought were reasonably competitive

For a Ford Fiesta 2011 (leased) for six months - $850 (Geico) and $1104 (Progressive) based on the following:

1. I have an expired NJ driver's license that I got when I was 17. I am going to renew it when I get home thus avoiding the foreign driver's surcharge.

2. My husband is named on the policy.

3. They have classified me as having current insurance and I will remain on our policy in the UK until such times as I get a car in the US.

This was much better than Travelguard which was quoting me nearly $1700 for 6 months.

I hope this benefits you.

Thanks,
Old Apr 27th 2011, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

NSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to all
Default Re: Car Insurance Quotes (NJ) - wanted to share

Wow, really surprised by this. Many have posted on here (including me) that TravelGuard (AIG) was much cheaper. I pay $250/280 for 6 mths cover for a new CRV via TravelGuard when Progressive etc were abiout $1000 more.......

Insurance - they make it up as they go along!

Still seems way expensive though - is it wirth checking with TravelGuard whether they have any details wrong?
Old May 1st 2011, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Britinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NSBlake
Wow, really surprised by this. Many have posted on here (including me) that TravelGuard (AIG) was much cheaper. I pay $250/280 for 6 mths cover for a new CRV via TravelGuard when Progressive etc were abiout $1000 more.......

Insurance - they make it up as they go along!

Still seems way expensive though - is it wirth checking with TravelGuard whether they have any details wrong?
Beware - AIG is number 3 on the top ten worst insurance companies in the US as per this article.... worth a read in case you are considering a new company or worried about your existing one!

http://www.justice.org/docs/tenworst...ecompanies.pdf
Old May 1st 2011, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

NatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond repute

Geico was cheapest for us too at 750 for 6 months on a VW Jetta, they were also willing to insure us having only UK licenses for that 6 months (although they did call and hassle us every week about when we were going to give them our US license details).
Old May 2nd 2011, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

NSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Britinsac
Beware - AIG is number 3 on the top ten worst insurance companies in the US as per this article.... worth a read in case you are considering a new company or worried about your existing one!

http://www.justice.org/docs/tenworst...ecompanies.pdf

Thanks - interesting read, none of what's written in that article surprises me.
I don't trust any insurance company - I have had a few battles with them, you just have to be persistent.

Re Geico recognising the UK license for 6 mths - wow, the people I spoke to (very stereotypically) didn't even know about the UK LOL!
Old May 2nd 2011, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

NatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond repute

Yep - bit odd really since state law says you need to get your MI license within 30 days!