Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Car Insurance Porsche 911

Car Insurance Porsche 911

Old Nov 11th 2009, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

agentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Car Insurance Porsche 911

I'm looking to get a BMW Z4 and getting quoted $114 a month. Is that good or bad...?
Old Nov 11th 2009, 11:20 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agentred
I'm looking to get a BMW Z4 and getting quoted $114 a month. Is that good or bad...?
As mentioned earlier depends on your age, your driving record and what coverage, but I wouldn't think that $114 was a bad quote in general.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 11:21 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beeps29
Poppy Girl

Thanks a million, i tried your link and i got it down to 248 per month!!

Thanks again!
Very welcome, pleased I could help you save a few $$$$
Old Nov 12th 2009, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

Allstate!

Hi,

I have recently recieved my SSN and am looking to buy the obove mentioned car, have been searching for insurance and my best so far is $480 a month from progressive.

I have had a clean drivers licence in UK for 13 years, does anybody know of an insurance company which will look at your UK record, rather than treating you as a new driver?

Much appreciated as i think even $480 a month is excessive!

Thankyou

Richard
Old Nov 12th 2009, 12:05 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Very welcome, pleased I could help you save a few $$$$
Wasn't that you that posted a pic of you as a teenager standing next to a 911 with your parents? Or maybe it wasn't...
Old Nov 12th 2009, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

Sting1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Look's like you found good insurance - however, for my tuppence/3.2 cents GEICO proved to be a lot cheaper when I got insured.

I bought a Merc C63 and every where was quoting me $4.5K for 6 months, however GEICO came in at $1800, and in the last renewal it went down to $1100/6months - this is including 'Under Insured Driver' insurance which I would recommend if you're buying a marque.

People do generally rip into GEICO and say they they have poor customer service - however, they have been superb for me...but then I have not had to make a claim yet... :-) Ultimately, they are not a fly-by-night cowboy so all should be good ()
Old Nov 12th 2009, 2:49 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the advice

Looks like i will just have to accept i wont get it much cheaper and stick it out for a couple of years....

richard

And even then it won't be much lower. Besides your driving record and credit rating, you have to take into account the type of vehicle, the area where housed, the method housed, the type of driving you will do, i.e. local, highway, to and from the office, etc.

I'm sure it is a high cost to replace the vehicle if stolen and to repair if damaged in an accident or by vandalism. If not housed in a garage, the cost will go up as well. Are you located in a high crime area in relation to auto thefts (I am).

Remember the Porsche 911 is a high end sports model. Drivers who own this car will not be driving it at legal speeds (at least the insurance feels this say) because if you do, it is a damn waste of a good machine.
Old Nov 12th 2009, 2:51 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sting1980
People do generally rip into GEICO and say they they have poor customer service - however, they have been superb for me...but then I have not had to make a claim yet... :-) Ultimately, they are not a fly-by-night cowboy so all should be good ()
AFAIAC, GEICO has the absolute best customer service. Having had a policy with them since 1972 when I was a young inexperienced driver til today with 40 years of driving under my belt, whenever I have had a claim, be it accident, vandalism, theft or glass replacement, the service has been excellent and never a quibble about repairs and money.
Old Nov 12th 2009, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Wasn't that you that posted a pic of you as a teenager standing next to a 911 with your parents? Or maybe it wasn't...
Heck good memory matey, and yes my dad always had Porsches when I was a kid growing up.
Old Nov 16th 2009, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Family_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of light

I drive a 55 AMG and find these guys very reasonable, they will be better known to some of you as Bristol & West and/or Zurich

http://www.foremost.com/

Last edited by Family_Guy; Nov 16th 2009 at 9:08 pm.
Old Nov 16th 2009, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by Family_Guy
I drive a 55 AMG and find these guys very reasonable, they will be better known to some of you as Bristol & West and/or Zurich

http://www.foremost.com/
Automobile Insurance

Foremost DISTINCTCHOICE® Auto insurance is only available in Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Mississippi, New Hampshire and Pennsylvania.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

Family_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Automobile Insurance

Foremost DISTINCTCHOICE® Auto insurance is only available in Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Mississippi, New Hampshire and Pennsylvania.
It is probably of use to people in those states then.

Or they could follow the links to associated companies who operate in other states.