Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Car Insurance

Car Insurance

Old Feb 15th 2018, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Insurance

Originally Posted by Ed2017
Hi Tom,

How did you request the quote from Liberty? Do you do it online or call them saying that you moved and have your proof of no claims document from the UK?

Thanks in advance.
My wife arranged it all. I never had to provide proof of UK no claims. I think she did an online form and followed up on phone.
Old Feb 15th 2018, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Insurance

Originally Posted by tom169
And liberty mutual will honor UK driving history. Was cheapest by far for me and my spouse when I moved here.

Since then we have gone elsewhere due to a home insurance bundle.
I think Liberty were our first insurer too. No evidence required, they just gave us the mature driver and no claims discounts and some other discount.

Just make sure you get more than the legal minimum. We maxed out the coverages (10x minimums?) and the price only went up 10% or something.

Sorry for the vagueness: it was 6 years ago.