Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Can you change the delivery address for passport and visa?

Can you change the delivery address for passport and visa?

Old Mar 16th 2018, 12:36 am
Just Joined

Danimal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can you change the delivery address for passport and visa?

I booked my medical today and when arranging for the delivery of my passport and visa, I used my current address. The problem is I will no longer be living at this address by the time I have my interview.

Is there a way to change the delivery address? I know usually you can have your mail redirected when you move but I believe the documents are delivered by courier, not standard mail.
Old Mar 16th 2018, 4:27 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you change the delivery address for passport and visa?

And the country you are in is and you are applying for a visa for which country...?
Old Mar 16th 2018, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

Danimal is an unknown quantity at this point

England
Old Mar 16th 2018, 2:41 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
And the country you are in is and you are applying for a visa for which country...?
He is in the UK and he is going for his K-1 Fiancee Visa at the US Embassy in London.

I guess the OP was super nervous to have completed with the form using an incorrect address for delivery. Hope someone can help you sort out the mess you made of it Other than calling the courier service they will be using, I can't fathom how else you can correct your mistake.
Old Mar 16th 2018, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

The embassy/consulate has changed since I went but I thought after your interview, before you leave the building, you take a piece of paper the interviewer gives you over to the DX courier desk and either confirm the address or tell them where you want it sent.

That was over 6 years ago mind, so it could well be different. Or I mis-remembered anyway.
Old Mar 16th 2018, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeoffM
The embassy/consulate has changed since I went but I thought after your interview, before you leave the building, you take a piece of paper the interviewer gives you over to the DX courier desk and either confirm the address or tell them where you want it sent.

That was over 6 years ago mind, so it could well be different. Or I mis-remembered anyway.
It's all online now.

OP, Hopefully you can tell the person that interviews you.