Reload this Page >

British Clinical Psychologist working in New York state

British Clinical Psychologist working in New York state

Old Mar 19th 2018, 3:34 am
Just Joined

SophieIM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British Clinical Psychologist working in New York state

Hello everyone,

I am so glad this thread exists as have found looking into the question of moving Uk to USA as a psychologists really really difficult. I have just moved to New York and completed the doctorate in clinical psychology in the Uk just over 2 years ago (and have worked as a clinical psychologist since then). Like everyone else is there anyone who could give me guidance on how to proceed with trying to get licensed in New York State? Lots of really helpful stuff on this thread but would be so great to speak with someone who has done this move or managed to get some way through the process?

Super grateful for any help,
Sophie
Old Sep 16th 2018, 6:25 am
Just Joined

Virginiaa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sophie

Did you manage to get any further with your application or credential evaluation?

I am going to get my doctorate credentials evaluated by NACES and I am wondering what I need to send them.

regards,
Virginia
Old Nov 5th 2018, 11:11 pm
Just Joined

M813 is an unknown quantity at this point

I’m also trying to find out what would be required to qualify to practice in New York if I’ve got a doctorate in counseling psychology from the UK. If anyone has been through the process, could you please message me?
Old Aug 15th 2019, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

Summersun77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by A Noble
I am pleased to see this thread continuing. I just qualified as a Counselling Psychologist in London and am planning to move (back) to New York. I am American and so it is easier for me in regards to my not needing a visa. I have started to look into the process of converting the PsychD qualification and have some information that might help, if you are interested.
Hi I am a Counselling Psych and my husband is being transferred to work in USA. I obviously want to try registering there so I can also practice. Please could you share any useful information? How did your application go? Thank you.
Old Nov 26th 2019, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

Ecccc is an unknown quantity at this point

So glad to have stumbled across this thread... I'm also American but qualifying in the UK and looking to move back home eventually... Has anyone actually managed to get a US license ? I tried to contact the board to get registered and apply for a neuropsych post doc but no luck in hearing back.. any info more than welcome!!
Old Dec 8th 2019, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

aimeekmcdonald1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by A Noble
I am pleased to see this thread continuing. I just qualified as a Counselling Psychologist in London and am planning to move (back) to New York. I am American and so it is easier for me in regards to my not needing a visa. I have started to look into the process of converting the PsychD qualification and have some information that might help, if you are interested.
Hey! I'm studying a masters in forensic psychology in the UK and my husband is American. I was thinking of doing the same thing a couple of years from - probably with a phd in clinical psychology or something like that. What is the process you need to do to convert the qualifications to the american standard?
Thanks!
Old Dec 9th 2019, 11:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aimeekmcdonald1
Hey! I'm studying a masters in forensic psychology in the UK and my husband is American. I was thinking of doing the same thing a couple of years from - probably with a phd in clinical psychology or something like that. What is the process you need to do to convert the qualifications to the american standard?
Thanks!
Welcome to BE

No one has been back to this thread for several months, therefore I suggest you open a new thread.

Originally Posted by Ecccc
So glad to have stumbled across this thread... I'm also American but qualifying in the UK and looking to move back home eventually... Has anyone actually managed to get a US license ? I tried to contact the board to get registered and apply for a neuropsych post doc but no luck in hearing back.. any info more than welcome!!

Welcome to BE.

No one has been back to this thread for several months, therefore I suggest you open a new thread