Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

BBC1 + BBC2 Streaming Again

BBC1 + BBC2 Streaming Again

Old Feb 2nd 2007, 12:03 am
Grumpy Member

y2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to all
Default Re: BBC1 + BBC2 Streaming Again

Top Gear episodes - http://www.finalgear.com/
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 12:12 am
Just Joined

rahul1014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by y2b4sure
Top Gear episodes - http://www.finalgear.com/
Thanks for the site. Vuk takes a lot of time to post the episodes. I found some torrents on peerweb.org which were posted 11.30 PM GMT, so they just took 3 hours.

Anyway, what I am looking for is stream to BBC channels so I can see the episodes as they are aired. Also, its not just TopGear I like; the BBC has a very independent news service unlike CNN and Fox and wolf and what not.

I hope someone posts links the channels. Thanks
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 12:13 am
Just Joined

rahul1014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the help. I would appreciate if anyone could post links for the streams of BBC1, BBC2 and BBC World.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 12:31 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rahul1014
Thanks for the help. I would appreciate if anyone could post links for the streams of BBC1, BBC2 and BBC World.
there aren't any....it was just a freak mess up on the beeb's behalf as they were testing it out.

uknova is your best bet.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 1:26 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Slingbox seems to work.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=413978
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 8:12 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
Shall we have a whip-round for four of them and somehow convince someone to host them for us?
Old Feb 5th 2007, 12:08 am
BE Enthusiast

simongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond repute

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6318625.stm

I just found this link for on demand via the internet. It will be launched at the end of this year! Sounds good. I wonder if you can get it outside of the UK?

http://www.joost.com/

Joost is another TV web service that will be launched later this year. This is the same company that owns Skype.

Last edited by simongb; Feb 5th 2007 at 12:11 am.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 12:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simongb
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6318625.stm

I just found this link for on demand via the internet. It will be launched at the end of this year! Sounds good. I wonder if you can get it outside of the UK?

Nope...illegal outside the UK.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 12:52 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ray
Well I am enjoying Dr Who .....
The show? Or has the Alziemers taken a turn for the worst?
Old Feb 5th 2007, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Nope...illegal outside the UK.
What a shame, and waste of technology only allowing it in the UK - completely pointless to people in the UK, who can watch on normal TV, and denying a worldwide audience many of whom would probably be prepared to pay for the service.

But, I wonder if there is a way.....if you were to use an IP address hider, or fake IP broadcaster and managed to come up with a UK IP address, perhaps it would work? I have a program that allows you to disguise your IP address; it seems to spit up random countries around the world. You know its working when it pretends you are in Saudi, and you go to the Google homepage and it comes up in Arabic. Slows down your net dramatically at times is the downside, but potentially this technology could beat out the Beebs lockout.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 2:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan725
What a shame, and waste of technology only allowing it in the UK - completely pointless to people in the UK, who can watch on normal TV, and denying a worldwide audience many of whom would probably be prepared to pay for the service.

But, I wonder if there is a way.....if you were to use an IP address hider, or fake IP broadcaster and managed to come up with a UK IP address, perhaps it would work? I have a program that allows you to disguise your IP address; it seems to spit up random countries around the world. You know its working when it pretends you are in Saudi, and you go to the Google homepage and it comes up in Arabic. Slows down your net dramatically at times is the downside, but potentially this technology could beat out the Beebs lockout.
I've written to the UK TV company's requesting that they make programs available to download worldwide...suggesting an annual/monthly fee or pay per download fee.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 2:27 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

IP proxy, in theory, it works, in reality, it's a waste of time unless you have a paid proxy survice because you wouldn't get enough bandwidth to get decent radio stream, let alone video.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
IP proxy, in theory, it works, in reality, it's a waste of time unless you have a paid proxy survice because you wouldn't get enough bandwidth to get decent radio stream, let alone video.
Was wondering that Bob; I had noticed a huge bandwidth hit when using the program.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 2:02 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Was wondering that Bob; I had noticed a huge bandwidth hit when using the program.
It's because they normally have around 3-4kb bandwidth, which is alright if your looking at websites to get around a work proxy that might block you, but for anything else, it's a bit kack...something worth looking for some services that offer http tunnel proxies, similar idea, but it's software side that takes care of settings, as they tend to have better servers.

Personally, I just try and avoid hearing the score like the plague and getting it off nova to watch later...just got the opening game lastnight, but by thumb drive was a bit to loaded to bring it to work just yet, so gonna wait off on it for a bit...