Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bad times in Texas

Bad times in Texas

Old Jun 2nd 2009, 3:23 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad times in Texas

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
That's odd. I was a Civil Servant up until my move 2 years ago and if I had time off sick all I did was put in an adjustment for the flexi system so it didn't say I was 7 hours 24 minutes down for that day. There were no interviews for me, guess it depends on what part you work for.
I'm sure the public sector has it much easier. Private companies take a harder line because they actually have to be accountable, efficient and profitable (when possible).
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

andre uk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bad times in Texas

well i have read all of the post and its clear that both the UK and the US has its good and bad points. Dont even start about the UK MP's spending our money on there personal exspenses

I just don't get people moaning about the twist and turns life throws you.

Get on with it, its about how you recover.

I have a friend that moved to the US about 4 years ago did not have a degree got a job creating websites like he did in the UK and loves it. He had it tough the first 6 months no light at the end of the tunnel then got a break and took it.

I am moving to Dallas in 3 weeks time transferring with my company and looking forward to the adventure.

hello to manc as well i am a 0161 M23 lad!

Last edited by andre uk; Jun 2nd 2009 at 3:50 pm.