Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Austin, Texas

Austin, Texas

Old Apr 30th 2015, 8:30 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Austin, Texas

It's funny isn't it? I am really not that impressed with san antonio - you have to go to visit the nice spots and yet Austin IS the nice spot. Most areas here are nice. Downtown is great and you can't say that for a lot of US cities. I'd sell the house in the burbs like a shot and buy a little house downtown!
Although saying that, I went out for a bike ride this morning, all hills of course but a gorgeous cycle along what I can only describe as a country lane right in the heart of suburbia. Jasmine and honeysuckle smelled beautiful, all the wild flowers and shaded by trees. Soul enriching stuff.

oh yeah and the Kaiser Chiefs are playing at Stubbs BBQ tonight.....and I've got tickets!! Happy me.

Anyone like Counting Crows? Playing in Houston in October and tickets are still reasonable. They're also playing at Austin City Limits but you have to pay for a whole day pass ($130)......

Last edited by petitefrancaise; Apr 30th 2015 at 8:32 pm.
Old Apr 30th 2015, 8:59 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

San Antonio is on our list for visitors for 1) the Alamo, 2) the Riverwalk, 3) Six Flags (for some of them) and 4) some of the other Missions, but beyond that, we're scrambling....Funnily enough, although we visit Austin quite a few times a year, we rarely take visitors! I've got my sister coming out later this year, and think we will do a 3-center Austin / Fredericksburg / SA trip with them.
Old Apr 30th 2015, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Kaiser Chiefs playing in Austin? That sells it for me right there!
Old Apr 30th 2015, 10:56 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markonline1
Kaiser Chiefs playing in Austin? That sells it for me right there!
They're also playing in SF, so maybe you should re-consider coming here
Old May 1st 2015, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
They're also playing in SF, so maybe you should re-consider coming here
I'd love to, but as I'm not a tech millionaire, it ain't gonna happen.
Old May 1st 2015, 1:12 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

RRRRRRRubby...!

They played a great set last night and even the support band were good. If you're a kaiser chiefs fan then it's worth getting a ticket for this tour. Stubbs BBQ is a great venue, open air and small (?1500)...

Rush are playing at the Formula 1 circuit in 2 weeks.....Hubby's got about a million of their cds so of course we're going. Anybody in Austin area who is into Rush? Can't say I'm that bothered and I'm sure he would prefer to go with a real fan..
Old May 4th 2015, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

lofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by markonline1
Good info, thanks. The wife would be working at the Fidelity branch in town. Me, I'd be looking for work. With an aviation background, something decent at the airport would be nice.
Have you guys considered the DFW area? Fidelity is headquartered here in Westlake. American Airlines are here, along with DFW Airport, Love Field and FEDEX has a main aviation hub at Alliance Airport. There's plenty of cities to choose from for housing, with my personal favorite being Fort Worth. Probably not as hip as Austin but still has plenty to offer.
Old May 4th 2015, 9:01 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lofty79
Have you guys considered the DFW area? Fidelity is headquartered here in Westlake. American Airlines are here, along with DFW Airport, Love Field and FEDEX has a main aviation hub at Alliance Airport. There's plenty of cities to choose from for housing, with my personal favorite being Fort Worth. Probably not as hip as Austin but still has plenty to offer.
plus citi bank and chase have large offices in the area if your 'bank' inclined. im up in the McKinney area north east of DFW and loving it too.