Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Electronics web site

Electronics web site

Old Dec 16th 2009, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

malcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Electronics web site

Hi folks,
Has anyone heard of an internet trading company called hfwpiw.com .
They claim to deal with all goods electronic and cost half the price that we in the UK pay.
I, along with about another dozen people i know of from all over Europe, have ordered and paid for goods from this company and have not recieved any of them. When you log onto the web site there is a live chat window where the customer service manager will chat to you. That is until you ask questions regarding an order you have placed. You get no response from then on.
The monies are paid via Western Union to a bank in China where, they claim, the goods originate from.
Any knowledge of this company would be appreciated.
Thanks

Old Dec 16th 2009, 5:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electronics web site

Originally Posted by malcoltom
Hi folks,
They claim to deal with all goods electronic and cost half the price that we in the UK pay.
I, along with about another dozen people i know of from all over Europe, have ordered and paid for goods from this company and have not recieved any of them. When you log onto the web site there is a live chat window where the customer service manager will chat to you. That is until you ask questions regarding an order you have placed. You get no response from then on.
The monies are paid via Western Union to a bank in China where, they claim, the goods originate from.
Thanks

Sounds like a rip off, Is there a phone number on the website? Not sure how you would stand in getting your money back, but good luck
Old Dec 16th 2009, 5:51 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Western Union
I think the clue was here.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 5:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
OP is in the UK though, maybe he hasn't heard of all the scams over here
Old Dec 16th 2009, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

malcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond repute

They claim to be a American company that scource the goods direct from the manufactures in China but it looks like the only phone number on the site is in China.
We were put onto the site by a lad who actually ordered an iphone from them and recieved it, no probs.
I ordered a laptop and am having trouble getting them to respond. This is along with at least a dozen other people from across Europe.
I have put a request on the Far East forum to see if anyone can confirm the address and one of the persons that has contacted me with the same prob has a friend in China who is looking into it.

Bustards
Old Dec 16th 2009, 6:04 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Yep. The OP has lost his money, as have all the other folks he mentioned. They will never get it back.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 6:04 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

They claim to be a American company that scource the goods direct from the manufactures in China but it looks like the only phone number on the site is in China.
We were put onto the site by a lad who actually ordered an iphone from them and recieved it, no probs.
I ordered a laptop and am having trouble getting them to respond. This is along with at least a dozen other people from across Europe.
I have put a request on the Far East forum to see if anyone can confirm the address and one of the persons that has contacted me with the same prob has a friend in China who is looking into it.

Bustards
How really dumb are you ....
Old Dec 16th 2009, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Ray.not
The lad who put us onto the site is a mate and has showed us all the correspondance he has from when he ordered the iphone and got it no problems.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 6:12 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ray.not
The lad who put us onto the site is a mate and has showed us all the correspondance he has from when he ordered the iphone and got it no problems.
Thats how scams work ... If you buy anything at half price ...
you know something is wrong ...

so they give one item and get order for a dozen more
..Western Union is the scammers money exchange
Old Dec 16th 2009, 6:12 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

That site was only reg'd on 11/23/09?
Sore one

Do you know "this lad" personally or could he be a troll on another bargain message board you frequent?

Using 'The Google' with that website the only example seems to be some guy showing surprise that his iPhone was genuine. Probably the same fella.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thats him but he is a mate. I was in the Army with him for 12 years. I am waiting to phone him as we speak.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 6:22 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

That's a fun resource.

Looking at today's list and skipping to the final page, I found this block of registrations:

zynga-account-disabble-admin-warnig.com
zynga-account-warning-diseble.com
zynga-facebook-ccontinues.com
zynga-warning-scurity-guart.com
zynga-warning-security-guart.com

Looks like a big phish targeting Zynga's customers is in the offing.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 6:29 pm
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

I think I had better jump in here.

I have seen this website before under several different names.

What they do is really very sneaky, they will honour the first several 100 orders, therefore creating word of mouth from satisfied customers.

They then have no intentions of fulling the rest of the orders they get, they will eventually be shut down and restart again.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 6:42 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Hi folks,
Thanks

At least you're only out half as much as you would have been.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 6:44 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fsm
I think I had better jump in here.

I have seen this website before under several different names.

What they do is really very sneaky, they will honour the first several 100 orders, therefore creating word of mouth from satisfied customers.

They then have no intentions of fulling the rest of the orders they get, they will eventually be shut down and restart again.

dellandhp.com I found on a Google.

But honestly -- if it asks for payment with Western Union, give it a wide berth. Credit card payments only for internet orders.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.