Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Any way to find out passport renewal status??

Any way to find out passport renewal status??

Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

mistahsinclair is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any way to find out passport renewal status??

This might be a question where the answer is Abtran...I kinda hope not though!

Is there any way to find out if a passport renewal application is in the works or not?

Having called Abtran and thrown some money away I don't actually know if it's even being processed yet. Since I paid using a money order I have know way to know if that has been cashed either...

Whilst this is not a major deal it would be good if there was a way to find out. My company moved up some travel plans, so they're now earlier than the date I had put on my application...any way to get things moving?

I realise it's not likely...

Cheers

Pete
Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:31 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any way to find out passport renewal status??

Originally Posted by mistahsinclair
This might be a question where the answer is Abtran...I kinda hope not though!

Is there any way to find out if a passport renewal application is in the works or not?

Having called Abtran and thrown some money away I don't actually know if it's even being processed yet. Since I paid using a money order I have know way to know if that has been cashed either...

Whilst this is not a major deal it would be good if there was a way to find out. My company moved up some travel plans, so they're now earlier than the date I had put on my application...any way to get things moving?

I realise it's not likely...

Cheers

Pete
How long since you sent it? I assume you have proof of delivery.

I believe it normally takes 2-4 weeks to get the passport back.

I am puzzled as to why you sent a money order...
Old Mar 18th 2009, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

mistahsinclair is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Elvira
How long since you sent it? I assume you have proof of delivery.

I believe it normally takes 2-4 weeks to get the passport back.

I am puzzled as to why you sent a money order...
It's only been a couple of weeks (with confirmed signature at delivery), and I know how long it should take...but is there any way of actually finding out if it's being processed?

Money order is one of the payment methods accepted.

Last edited by mistahsinclair; Mar 18th 2009 at 4:42 pm.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 4:43 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

only issue with a money order that I can think off is that prices keep changing so the amount might be wrong (in your favour as the changes are dropping). might mean they have to refund you something which might cause a delay. (with crdeit card you sign a variable agreement so its not an issue)
Old May 8th 2009, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

TonyD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mistahsinclair
It's only been a couple of weeks (with confirmed signature at delivery), and I know how long it should take...but is there any way of actually finding out if it's being processed?

Money order is one of the payment methods accepted.
Sadly this info is out of date. I called Abtran today and the processing time is 8+ weeks from the time they charge your card.
We need a way to alert the Embassy in Washington to this delay. Anyone know how to do this?
Old May 9th 2009, 12:10 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TonyD
Sadly this info is out of date. I called Abtran today and the processing time is 8+ weeks from the time they charge your card.
We need a way to alert the Embassy in Washington to this delay. Anyone know how to do this?
TonyD, you seem to have found all the passport threads but this one?

An FYI for anyone waiting for their UK passport to be renewed.
Old May 9th 2009, 3:48 am
Just Joined

TonyD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
TonyD, you seem to have found all the passport threads but this one?

An FYI for anyone waiting for their UK passport to be renewed.
Actually I did find it but since it was not corroborated by subsequent posts it seemed wise not to comment.My concern is to only make comments I have evidence for(its the lawyerly thing to do) and to alert the community(this Forum) and my government (citizens duty).
I hope that in a small way I have discharged my obligation to both the Forum and the government. Neither seemed to be aware of either the full nor the exact extent of this problem.Quoting my own experience was all I could do and I hope it helps others. This knowledge comes too late for my own needs. The peak travel season is just approaching so all involved need the maximum co operation from all of us.
I thank all those who have commented.