Another update

Old May 25th 2017, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Harveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another update

Just through i'd update the regulars with my news here as you have all helped so much. My start date is now June 5th, it was delayed due to problems with the background check (the company was basically too lazy to do it) and we leave WA tomorrow in the UHaul as we decided to make a road trip of it! Finally got a house confirmed tonight too, luckily it's rented by someone who works for the same company so I was able to skip some of the process. Interestingly I had to do a credit check and even though I've only have a credit card a few months my score is 692, not bad!

Old May 25th 2017, 10:20 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another update

Originally Posted by Harveyspecter
Just through i'd update the regulars with my news here as you have all helped so much. My start date is now June 5th, it was delayed due to problems with the background check (the company was basically too lazy to do it) and we leave WA tomorrow in the UHaul as we decided to make a road trip of it! Finally got a house confirmed tonight too, luckily it's rented by someone who works for the same company so I was able to skip some of the process. Interestingly I had to do a credit check and even though I've only have a credit card a few months my score is 692, not bad!

That's not unusual, but your credit history has neither depth nor breadth so the score is likely pretty useless - any lender can see that your credit history is very short and has only a few items on it.

Good luck with your road trip and the start of your new job. Driving a UHaul that far is going to be quite an ordeal, especially if it's a big truck. I drove a 25' Penske truck (the largest you can rent on a car license) from NY to southern Virginia, which was an interesting experience as a vehicle that size would be a Class 3 HGV in the UK!
Old May 25th 2017, 10:52 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed with Pulaski, a credit company doesn't use a 'score' to determine what they will offer you, they look at your full file and it gets scored according to their own models. With little history, you are likely to get denied most products because they have no history to work with.
Old May 25th 2017, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update and all the best!
Old May 25th 2017, 5:30 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I drove a 25' Penske truck (the largest you can rent on a car license) from NY to southern Virginia, which was an interesting experience as a vehicle that size would be a Class 3 HGV in the UK!
When I moved to the US, I drove a 17' UHaul truck with a full-length car trailer from Nova Scotia to Kentucky!

Driving a UHaul that far is going to be quite an ordeal
Agreed. My trip was 1,475 miles. The worst part for me was driving through the northern part of the Appalachian mountains... very slow going.

Ian