Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

American toilets

American toilets

Old May 4th 2012, 6:15 pm
IPM
Forum Regular

IPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to all
Default Re: American toilets

Originally Posted by TimFountain
Another thing that really bothers me, although it is not just a US thing, are the auto flushing toilets. There you are, just finished another perfect piece of anal art and, of course, you want to have a good 'inspection'! Before you can turn around to admire your work, the auto-flush has activated, spoiling a perfect moment! On top of that you now have the deal with the paper side of the 'business' and of course that requires another flush. Water saving? Not!

I guess it is still better than the 'good old days', where, if a real piece of sculpting had occurred, the prior occupant would leave it for the next stallholder to admire.... Either that or they were just plane lazy,
I concur; auto-flushing can be an issue. Personally, I find some considerable variability in the timing and sensitivity of the detectors. In some cases, they engage prematurely, perhaps prior to successful completion of the activity. Alternatively, one can be all set to go, but is then forced to perform breakdance moves in order to trigger some action.
Old May 4th 2012, 7:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

The best rest rooms in Texas!

Buccees Gas Stations.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/djsteen/4479594979/
Old May 8th 2012, 3:13 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

I remember being distinctly trasumatised/amused the first time I went for a wee in a public loo in San Francisco. It was in a shopping centre, the door had a good two feet of a gap under it, the loo seat seemed to be very high but small and so a careful aim was necessary (not easy when one is a laydee). While I was sitting there concentrating hard a small child looked under the door and greeted me cheerfully. Several times. All the time watching what I was doing. I believe I ended up saving it until we went back to my sisters place...
Old May 8th 2012, 8:16 am
Banned

euro2012 is just really niceeuro2012 is just really niceeuro2012 is just really niceeuro2012 is just really niceeuro2012 is just really niceeuro2012 is just really niceeuro2012 is just really niceeuro2012 is just really niceeuro2012 is just really niceeuro2012 is just really nice

I am okay with american toilets.
Old May 8th 2012, 8:21 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by euro2012
What a memorable first post.
Old May 8th 2012, 10:46 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

That got you your first BE karma!

From here on, you new nickname (we all have one) shall be 'Toilet Boy'. Don't forget to update your signature accordingly.

Last edited by tonrob; May 8th 2012 at 10:48 am.
Old May 8th 2012, 2:06 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
That got you your first BE karma!

From here on, you new nickname (we all have one) shall be 'Toilet Boy'. Don't forget to update your signature accordingly.
I'm going to call him "bog-face".
Old May 8th 2012, 2:48 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

In fairness, I think we all are, or else there'd be rather a mess to clean up
Old May 8th 2012, 7:54 pm
Banned

Ethelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond repute

About the lack of privacy, I agree. I took a shot of the toilets at my job, where the cubicles have a 1 foot gap from the floor, in which the guy in the cubicle next door can easily see your feet:

I also find the water pressure here somewhat lacking, although the quality of the toilet paper is generally better than I've found in UK office toilets.