Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

American toilets

American toilets

Old May 2nd 2012, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

King Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant future
Default Re: American toilets

Originally Posted by robin1234
What?? I just don't get this scenario at all. Do you have a video to share?
Please no...

Then again..
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

bobLobLaw is an unknown quantity at this point

A diagram would work
Old May 2nd 2012, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lj2
I can't be the only person who struggles when wiping, and the end of the toilet roll goes in the dirty water (due to the ridiculously high water level) and then slaps back up on your bottom.... can I?
First, you have to be smarter than a roll of crapper paper...

You do know you're supposed to tear some paper of the roll and wipe your butt with that, and not with the entire roll, right?
Old May 3rd 2012, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

StephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud of

This thread cracked me up!

I to hate the lack of privacy in American toilets, I feel like I'm being watched!
Old May 3rd 2012, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute

What a funny thread...one of the most striking impressions for me fresh off the plane in '91 were the immodest toilets and sloppy toilet habits of people in the USA. Coming from a town in Dorset where we always won 'best public toilet in the country prize' I was in for a bit of shock discovering that toilet stalls just about cover your mid section and there are huge cracks between the door lol!
In my home town over the pond there is always a crew of stern ladies keeping the toilets spotless and you can expect complete privacy with the floor to ceiling stalls and even flowers. Mind-you you do have to pay 20p for the pleasure, now that brings back some unfortunate memories
Old May 3rd 2012, 1:00 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

twenty pee? So no "spending a penny" in this day and age?
Old May 3rd 2012, 1:24 am
Banned

Ethelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond repute

They flush funny (toilets over here, that is).
Old May 3rd 2012, 12:47 pm
lj2
BE Enthusiast

lj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe I am the only one.... so the scenario is that you rip off some toilet roll - but a bit too much. Then, when you wipe, unknown to you, the excess dangles in the water (not a problem in the UK due to the lower level of the water). So, you wipe, unawares...

Thenm upon bringing the tissue out to see if you need another wipe of if you're all clear, the wet end is raised back out of the water and slaps against your bottom or leg... yuck.

Still the only one?....
Old May 3rd 2012, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Step...away...from...the...thread - and no-one will get hurt!
Old May 3rd 2012, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

bobLobLaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lj2
Maybe I am the only one.... so the scenario is that you rip off some toilet roll - but a bit too much. Then, when you wipe, unknown to you, the excess dangles in the water (not a problem in the UK due to the lower level of the water). So, you wipe, unawares...

Thenm upon bringing the tissue out to see if you need another wipe of if you're all clear, the wet end is raised back out of the water and slaps against your bottom or leg... yuck.

Still the only one?....
Yep
Old May 3rd 2012, 12:54 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lj2

Still the only one?....
O...K.....

Need to troubleshoot.
When you flush, does the water go out clockwise, or anti-clockwise?
Old May 3rd 2012, 1:09 pm
lj2
BE Enthusiast

lj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by robin1234
O...K.....

Need to troubleshoot.
When you flush, does the water go out clockwise, or anti-clockwise?
Have never checked.. pretty sure that wouldn't change anything though as the issue is pre-flushing... why do I get the feeling you are making light of my troubles?
Old May 3rd 2012, 1:19 pm
Heading for Poppyland

Originally Posted by lj2
Have never checked.. pretty sure that wouldn't change anything though as the issue is pre-flushing... why do I get the feeling you are making light of my troubles?
Thought maybe you were in Australia; if the water swirled out the other way, that would have clinched it.
Old May 3rd 2012, 1:39 pm
lj2
BE Enthusiast

Nope, the issue is a US issue - where the water level of the toilets is too high.
Old May 3rd 2012, 1:44 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lj2
Nope, the issue is a US issue - where the water level of the toilets is too high.
I know this is going to sound awful, but what happens when one is ill and needs to stick one's head down the loo several times?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.