Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

American toilets

American toilets

Old May 1st 2012, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

MrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: American toilets

Originally Posted by Guindalf
McDonalds in the UK use waterless urinals, and have done for some time
Old May 1st 2012, 8:43 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrBaker2011
McDonalds in the UK use waterless urinals, and have done for some time
Here too.. I used the restroom in Mickey D's recently and it had one.. somewhere in New York, can't remember which town. They have them in a lot of highway rest areas, visitor centers etc. too.
Old May 2nd 2012, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

bobLobLaw is an unknown quantity at this point

It also bothers me when two men walk into the bathroom having a conversation and one goes to the urinal, other to a stall and they carry on talking. Or answering the phone when taking a dump. Or hacking snot and spitting in the sink/urinal.. always gross me out
Old May 2nd 2012, 6:14 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobLobLaw
It also bothers me when two men walk into the bathroom having a conversation and one goes to the urinal, other to a stall and they carry on talking. Or answering the phone when taking a dump. Or hacking snot and spitting in the sink/urinal.. always gross me out
Sometimes they have something to say and they just need to get it out of their cistern.

This thread needed puns.
Old May 2nd 2012, 6:20 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Sometimes they have something to say and they just need to get it out of their cistern.

This thread needed puns.
Who pulled your chain?
Old May 2nd 2012, 6:25 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer
Who pulled your chain?
Nobody. Is it true though, that if someone pulls the chain, it makes u-bend?
Old May 2nd 2012, 6:34 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Nobody. Is it true though, that if someone pulls the chain, it makes u-bend?
Are you on vacation today, or is it just time off in loo?
Old May 2nd 2012, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

I walked into a public toilet where I found two cubicles, of which one was already occupied. So I entered the other one, closed the door, dropped my trousers and sat down.

A voice came from the cubicle next to me: “Hello mate, how are you going?” I thought it a bit strange but not wanting to be rude I replied “Yeah, not too bad thanks.”

After a short pause, I heard the voice again “So, what are you up to mate?” Again I answered, somewhat reluctantly it must be said. Unsure what to say, I replied “Umm, just having a quick poo… How about yourself?”

I then heard the voice for the third time …

“Sorry mate, I’ll have to call you back. I’ve got some d*ckhead in the loo next to me answering everything I say.”
Old May 2nd 2012, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

bobLobLaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GeoffM
I walked into a public toilet where I found two cubicles, of which one was already occupied. So I entered the other one, closed the door, dropped my trousers and sat down.

A voice came from the cubicle next to me: “Hello mate, how are you going?” I thought it a bit strange but not wanting to be rude I replied “Yeah, not too bad thanks.”

After a short pause, I heard the voice again “So, what are you up to mate?” Again I answered, somewhat reluctantly it must be said. Unsure what to say, I replied “Umm, just having a quick poo… How about yourself?”

“Sorry mate, I’ll have to call you back. I’ve got some d*ckhead in the loo next to me answering everything I say.”

Old May 2nd 2012, 6:38 pm
Life goes on.

Originally Posted by GeoffM

What a coincidence the guy in the next cubicle was a Brit too, eh?
Old May 2nd 2012, 6:46 pm
lj2
BE Enthusiast

lj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of light

I can't be the only person who struggles when wiping, and the end of the toilet roll goes in the dirty water (due to the ridiculously high water level) and then slaps back up on your bottom.... can I?
Old May 2nd 2012, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lj2
I can't be the only person who struggles when wiping, and the end of the toilet roll goes in the dirty water (due to the ridiculously high water level) and then slaps back up on your bottom.... can I?
Err, yes, yes you can!
Old May 2nd 2012, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

The end of the toilet roll?!
Old May 2nd 2012, 6:56 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lj2
What?? I just don't get this scenario at all. Do you have a video to share?
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Oh lord!! I hope not!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.