Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Alternate VPN?

Alternate VPN?

Old Nov 22nd 2017, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Alternate VPN?

I have been using Tunnelbear for several years to access BBC, etc. Lately it has not been working and trying to contact their support department is a lesson in futility. Can anyone advise what vpn service they use and the cost? I live in US. I am primarily interested in just accessing BBC. Thank you.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alternate VPN?

For what it's worth:
1. If you just want to watch LIVE TV then TVCatchup - Channels works well. Has all the main UK channels, no VPN needed.
2. If you want to watch iplayer or other countries TV then get HOXX add on for chrome and/or firefox. This is a proxy VPN and free. works fine for iplayer here.
3. If you want to record programmes and stream them to watch at your convenience then subscribe to FILMON TV FREE LIVE TV MOVIES AND SOCIAL TELEVISION. Used to be free and you could download, but has changed so you can only record and stream.
4. If you want to access "certain" sites then you'll have to review the various VPNs. Plenty of reviews online
hope this is of some help!
why not try them all and see what suits you and your internet connection?

I would ask the mods to move your post as this thread is for folks moving back to the UK.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

I’ve found Media Hint extremely reliable for watching the iPlayer.

One tip though: if, while trying to use whatever method, the iPlayer has detected a non-UK IP address then you’ll need to clear browser cookies from the BBC before trying again.
Old Nov 24th 2017, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you.
Old Nov 27th 2017, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

MorsePacific has much to be proud ofMorsePacific has much to be proud ofMorsePacific has much to be proud ofMorsePacific has much to be proud ofMorsePacific has much to be proud ofMorsePacific has much to be proud ofMorsePacific has much to be proud ofMorsePacific has much to be proud ofMorsePacific has much to be proud ofMorsePacific has much to be proud ofMorsePacific has much to be proud of

I used ExpressVPN for NowTV (Sky) access to watch the Formula 1, and it worked brilliantly.