Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

5 Reasons Not To Go Back To UK

5 Reasons Not To Go Back To UK

Old Jul 2nd 2006, 2:49 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 Reasons Not To Go Back To UK

Originally Posted by ScousePete
Here's my five reasons not to return to the UK

Surely you know the band broke up?

NC Penguin
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 2:55 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Surely you know the band broke up?

NC Penguin
Oh good God, tell me it isn't so?

Old Jul 2nd 2006, 2:59 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

My 5 would be...

1 - Weather
2 - House Prices
3 - I'm a ginga!
4 - ?
5 - ?

I can't think of any more at the mo, but if I do, I'll let you know!
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 3:02 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Partystar
My 5 would be...

1 - Weather
2 - House Prices
3 - I'm a ginga!
4 - ?
5 - ?

I can't think of any more at the mo, but if I do, I'll let you know!
1 - Weather......It's glorious here right now
2 - House prices.......lovely if you've just sold one or still have one here cos mark my words, they are going up again.
3 - http://www.colournation.com/modules/...p?articleid=11

problem solved.
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 3:03 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

My 5 would be...
3 - I'm a ginga!
But we burn less there!

What is it that there's such a negative stigma to being redhaired? I'd've thought that since the British Isles have the biggest concentration of redheads in the world, that it wouldn't be something that makes one stand out and be bullied.
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 3:05 am
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by rushman
1 - Weather......It's glorious here right now
2 - House prices.......lovely if you've just sold one or still have one here cos mark my words, they are going up again.
3 - http://www.colournation.com/modules/...p?articleid=11

problem solved.
Hey, I was scraping the barrel & those were the only things I could think of!
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 3:06 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by snowbunny
But we burn less there!

What is it that there's such a negative stigma to being redhaired? I'd've thought that since the British Isles have the biggest concentration of redheads in the world, that it wouldn't be something that makes one stand out and be bullied.
Kindly rephrase that to "Scotland" Amy. You might be right but it's still a bitter pill to swallow
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 3:10 am
Back where I belong!

But we burn less there!

Yes, it is weird. Although I really wasn't effected by the 'ginga brigade bullies' (mostly school kids), plus I like my hair & would never dye it, so it really doesn't bother me. It's just here it's desirable to be a redhead, I get hit on loads because of it & it's nice to be called a MILF by gorgeous blokes!!!
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 3:29 am
Account Closed

Yes, it is weird. Although I really wasn't effected by the 'ginga brigade bullies' (mostly school kids), plus I like my hair & would never dye it, so it really doesn't bother me. It's just here it's desirable to be a redhead, I get hit on loads because of it & it's nice to be called a MILF by gorgeous blokes!!!
Better than being MIWTWY I suppose
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 3:40 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Here in the year 2006 it is desirable to be a redhead.... my eldest has red hair and yes, she gets the compliments.

However when I grew up in the 80s it was a horror and I was teased mercilessly over it.

The reference to British Isles was meant to include Ireland and all the Scottish and Irish gingers who've migrated to England and Wales. I never can remember the correct description.... I should just say UK and Republic of Ireland and be done with it.
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 3:51 am
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

However when I grew up in the 80s it was a horror and I was teased mercilessly over it.

Everybody was teased while they were growing up, if you wore glasses, you were called `four eyes` `speccy`, I wore braces and got called `wire gob` or `jaws`a friend of mine had buck teeth that would of put Mr Ed to shame, she got called `goofy`....all part of growing up...
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 3:53 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Better than being MIWTWY I suppose
If you're in the UK wtf are you doing on here ???

Oh, and yes - house proces still rising back in Blighty with no signs of stopping despite the fact that the figures stopped adding up some time ago.
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 3:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
If you're in the UK wtf are you doing on here ???
Came back from watching the game and fell asleep, woke up at 2 am and wide abloodywake now
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 3:57 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Came back from watching the game and fell asleep, woke up at 2 am and wide abloodywake now
Fell asleep during the game myself **Guffaw, guffaw**

How long you back for then mate ???

My 3 and a bit weeks flew by and I loved almost every minute of it
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 4:21 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Fell asleep during the game myself **Guffaw, guffaw**

How long you back for then mate ???

My 3 and a bit weeks flew by and I loved almost every minute of it
probably another week to 10 days

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.