Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

5 cm2 photo?

5 cm2 photo?

Old Nov 19th 2009, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

combo9 is just really nicecombo9 is just really nicecombo9 is just really nicecombo9 is just really nicecombo9 is just really nicecombo9 is just really nicecombo9 is just really nicecombo9 is just really nice
Default 5 cm2 photo?

I've left this a bit last minute. I have an appointment tomorrow morning and need a 5cmx5cm photo for the DS-156. The photo machine I found today only does smaller (British sized) passport photos.

Can anybody please suggest a place near the US embassy in London which can do photos this size?

ty

Last edited by combo9; Nov 19th 2009 at 2:45 pm.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 cm2 photo?

There's a place IN the embassy that does photos that size (photo booth). Provided it's working at the time, of course.

A lot of people use the UK size (45x35mm) and have no issues. What seems to be of more concern is that the face size is correct, rather than the overall size of the photo.

I submitted UK sized photos for my visa application - no problems.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

jamestravis is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.passportphoto.co.uk/
They are right on oxford street. I've used them a couple of times and had good experiences with them. They are however located at the top of about 3-4 flights of stairs if I remember correctly.
The embassy has a list of photographers at the following link as well.
http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new...ographers.html
Old Nov 19th 2009, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

combo9 is just really nicecombo9 is just really nicecombo9 is just really nicecombo9 is just really nicecombo9 is just really nicecombo9 is just really nicecombo9 is just really nicecombo9 is just really nice

Thanks both of you that's great. Looks like there are two right next to the embassy.. the one mentioned above and another at Goulds Pharmacy.