Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

129F- put biol. father instead of adoptive father

129F- put biol. father instead of adoptive father

Old Mar 25th 2001, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

pjane1954 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good morning:
Could someone please tell me if I can expect a problem? On our 129F petition, for my father, I have put my real father's name. I was adopted by my step-father, though, when I was 12. Is this going to make any difference? Has anyone had this same situation and can give me advice? Thanks in Advance.
Penny
Filed 129F 21 Feb 2001
1st NOA (CSC) 8 Mar 2001
we will be using London Embassy
Old Mar 25th 2001, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

smldnabjp is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not sure if this is the correct answer or will help you or not but I would think they would want to see the information that was on the birth certificate that you submitted. I could be wrong and if I am I'm sure some one will tell me. You can always explain later that you were adopted. I was lucky and a lawyer was willing to answer the questions that I had over the phone for free, have you tried this to find out what they might say? Good luck with the rest of the process.
Old Mar 26th 2001, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

pjane1954 is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't submit my Birth Certificate with the 129F Petition. I submitted my Naturalization Certificate as proof of Citizenship. I will ask the attorney we're using. I can't remember if I told him about being adopted. Regardless thank you very much for your response.