Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Working while waiting for green card

Working while waiting for green card

Old Nov 25th 2008, 12:04 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working while waiting for green card

Actually, no it is not normal. If the docs were posted to the USCIS on the 12th of October, you should have received confirmation of receipt within 2 to 3 weeks and by this time, you should have received your biometrics appointment.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 12:05 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
Now I am confused - you said you are "processing your green card" for six months. But now you say the lawyer just posted the forms on the 12th of October.

Have you been here since March on the VWP? If not, when did you arrive?

Sounds like perhaps you now have an overstay. If so, I believe you should not use advance parole.
Its just the I-765
Old Nov 25th 2008, 12:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Its just the I-765
Oh, ok, sorry - I misunderstood then.

Edit - actually, are you sure of that? You're probably right, but re-reading, I still wasn't quite clear what forms the lawyer posted when.

Last edited by Tracym; Nov 25th 2008 at 12:08 pm.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 12:10 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
Oh, ok, sorry - I misunderstood then.

Edit - actually, are you sure of that? You're probably right, but re-reading, I still wasn't quite clear what forms the lawyer posted when.

Yes, just the I-765. The attorney posted the petitions but neglected to post the I-765 for his work permit which was why he asked if he could work while waiting for the green card.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 12:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Yes, just the I-765. The attorney posted the petitions but neglected to post the I-765 for his work permit which was why he asked if he could work while waiting for the green card.
OK, if you all are sure, that's fine.

I just noticed that the date of the attorney posting "the papers" was before he ever started this thread, and thus thought perhaps the whole package had just been sent in Oct.