Will I get an E2/O1 visa?

Old Aug 10th 2017, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

Sammsky1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Will I get an E2/O1 visa?

I am about to interview with a Ad Agency in New York which is owned by British holding company WPP. I have not worked for this company before.

I am a British citizen and passport holder, have 20+ years of international experience from world famous firms like Unilever and PepsiCo.

Will the New York Agency be able to successfully gain me an an E2 or O1 visa?
Old Aug 10th 2017, 2:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will I get an E2/O1 visa?

There's no way we can predict with any accuracy as to the success of your case. All you can do is try.

Rene
Old Aug 10th 2017, 3:22 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sammsky1
Immigration is a 2-step process. First, the company will file a petition on your behalf. Once the petition is approved, you'll be invited to apply for the visa. The visa you apply for will depend on the petition they submit. If they submit a petition for an E-2, you'll apply for an E-2 visa. If they submit an petition for an O-1, you'll apply for an O-1 visa.

Since no one here has any idea what visa the company will petition for, it's impossible to say whether or not it'll be successful. Note that an approved petition doesn't always result in an approved visa. Why? Well, you might have a criminal past that makes you inadmissible.

Bottom line: There is absolutely now way to know, in advance, whether you'll get a visa or not or what type of visa that might be.

Ian
Old Aug 10th 2017, 11:34 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sammsky1
I am about to interview with a Ad Agency in New York which is owned by British holding company WPP. I have not worked for this company before.

I am a British citizen and passport holder, have 20+ years of international experience from world famous firms like Unilever and PepsiCo.

Have they even expressed a willingness to pursue any visa path for you? Do they know you need a visa? You'd be surprised at how many people apply for jobs here, are even called for interview only for the whole thing to be a waste of time because the company is not willing to sponsor an applicant (and had mistakenly thought the applicant already had or will have work permission through some other means e.g. family-based immigrant visa in the pipeline or citizenship).

If they have expressed a desire to sponsor you, what visa type did they mention? Why don't you ask them?