Where / how do forms get routed?

Old Oct 19th 2017, 6:25 pm
i hate cabbage

Jack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where / how do forms get routed?

So i was randomly going through the USCIS processing times today, as i'm now 5 months in, got my advance parole & EAD, just waiting on the i130 and i485.

How do USCIS decide where your application goes for processing? With me residing in Texas, would it automatically go there as it's the closest USCIS processing center? or would they route it around to the ones with lowest processing queues?

Just curious if anyone had any insight.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

neill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where / how do forms get routed?

I think you will get a letter from USCIS if/when your case is transferred to a local centre (ASC). It will be the one within closest distance of your address. It will join the back of the queue at that ASC. I doubt they consider processing queue lengths.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 7:05 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

A little of both. First it goes to your local processing center. If they get backlogged, they send it to a less busy facility.

Rene
Old Oct 20th 2017, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

sherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond repute

It tells you here which office you should send your forms to:
https://www.uscis.gov/i-485-addresses

I-130 + I-485 should be sent to the Chicago lockbox as per this list.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 5:12 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack8602
So i was randomly going through the USCIS processing times today, as i'm now 5 months in, got my advance parole & EAD, just waiting on the i130 and i485.

How do USCIS decide where your application goes for processing? With me residing in Texas, would it automatically go there as it's the closest USCIS processing center? or would they route it around to the ones with lowest processing queues?

Just curious if anyone had any insight.
Since the I-485 cannot be adjudicated until the I-130 is and the I-130 is for family based and/or marriage-based adjustment, both will be decided at the USCIS office covering your physical address.

Why do you make yourself crazy (or crazier) by checking the USCIS sites several times a day? Five months in is still early and you have the rights to work and travel so why the urgency in determining how far along a path you are?
Old Oct 20th 2017, 7:02 pm
i hate cabbage

Jack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Why do you make yourself crazy (or crazier) by checking the USCIS sites several times a day? Five months in is still early and you have the rights to work and travel so why the urgency in determining how far along a path you are?
I don't recall where i said i was checking it several times a day, nor did i stress any urgency in what i was looking at. I asked a simple question - for which I'm told I'm making myself crazier

Sherbert - I filed it 5 months ago, this was just a curiosity question as to how USCIS handle routing of applications.
Old Oct 21st 2017, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

Dmac_ is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in New York, and my documents originally got sent to Texas Service Center. After a small delay, I got receipts back from the Lincoln, Nebraska center instead. So yes, it seems that if they're busy they'll re-route.
Old Oct 22nd 2017, 1:17 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack8602
I don't recall where i said i was checking it several times a day, nor did i stress any urgency in what i was looking at. I asked a simple question - for which I'm told I'm making myself crazier

Sherbert - I filed it 5 months ago, this was just a curiosity question as to how USCIS handle routing of applications.
My apologies. You didn't say that. You said "As I was going randomly through the processing times today ..."

BTW the answer remains the same without the making yourself crazy part.