When can I enter on VWP again?

Old Oct 7th 2009, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

NoReward is a name known to allNoReward is a name known to allNoReward is a name known to allNoReward is a name known to allNoReward is a name known to allNoReward is a name known to allNoReward is a name known to allNoReward is a name known to allNoReward is a name known to allNoReward is a name known to allNoReward is a name known to all
Default When can I enter on VWP again?

Hello - I was refused entry on a VWP in September - they believed I would have tried to get married - they told me I couldnt use the VWP again - my question is how long does this ban last for?
Old Oct 7th 2009, 1:50 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When can I enter on VWP again?

Originally Posted by NoReward
Hello - I was refused entry on a VWP in September - they believed I would have tried to get married - they told me I couldnt use the VWP again - my question is how long does this ban last for?
It lasts for ever. You can never use the VWP again. You must have a valid visa in order to seek entry to the US (unless you become Canadian or Bermudian etc).

What did they write in your passport when you were refused?
Old Oct 7th 2009, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

NoReward is a name known to allNoReward is a name known to allNoReward is a name known to allNoReward is a name known to allNoReward is a name known to allNoReward is a name known to allNoReward is a name known to allNoReward is a name known to allNoReward is a name known to allNoReward is a name known to allNoReward is a name known to all

Ok :-(

They didnt write anything in my passport
Old Oct 7th 2009, 3:05 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Was it at a land border crossing, or an airport? Did they take a sworn statement? Did they give you a copy of anything?
Old Oct 7th 2009, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

It was at an airport - they took a sworn statement and gave me an official document with the interview transcript on it.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 3:34 pm
crg
American Expat

Thanks for the details. You definitely need a visa before attempting to enter again.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Thought so but just needed confirmation - thanks for your help
Old Oct 7th 2009, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

can i ask one more thing - is it possible to enter the US on a B-2 visa for a visit while a K-1 application is pending?
Old Oct 7th 2009, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

henryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond repute

can i ask one more thing - is it possible to enter the US on a B-2 visa for a visit while a K-1 application is pending?
Possible, but it's unlikely that you'll be granted the B-2. You can try. Be prepared to show strong ties to your home country.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 4:43 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly what henry says; theoretically you can, if you already have a B visa. Trying to get an application through now? Very low probability.

If you are filing for a K-1, it will probably take 6 months or less anyway. It's not going to do it itself though.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Yes I know - but it takes two to k1 tango
Old Oct 7th 2009, 5:58 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I know - but it takes two to k1 tango
Ah... she's not ready then?
Old Oct 7th 2009, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Dont want to say too much but there will be (yet another) small delay
Old Oct 8th 2009, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Dont want to say too much but there will be (yet another) small delay
I'll put my hat back in the closet then!
Old Oct 8th 2009, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

mist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond repute

NOREWARD, sorry to be nosey, but i wondered why they thought u'd get married there ? i mean did they just look at you and perhaps your marital status (possibly single ?) and thought you'd charm off the american women and possibly marriage. I dnt mean to dig into the personal details on your life but was curious to see what triggered such a response from the immi official -that too right at the airport -the point of entry.

Last edited by mist3rh; Oct 8th 2009 at 4:17 am. Reason: incorrectly quoted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.