Waiver approved

Old Oct 25th 2017, 8:49 am
Just Joined

CygnusR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Waiver approved

Hi All!

Ive been mainly a lurker on this board, untill today when i joined!

So i have a question :

I have had my 601 waiver approved - i have recieved an approval notice in the post, and at my lawyers ( Who dropped us, but that is unrelated).

At my intial interview, where i was refused and wa reccomended for a waiver,which we did. Now that the waiver is approved, we have been asked to send in a new acpo, get a medical, and send in my passport to the embassy.

However, we havent been asked, or told to book a second interview at the embassy (the first interview was over a year ago) - does anyone know if this will happen later down the line, or do they not do second interviews anymore?

More confusingly - when i enter my case number here : /ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx it tells me my visa is refused, which is even more confusing, specially with the approval notice,

any pointers appreciated

Last edited by CygnusR; Oct 25th 2017 at 10:47 am.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waiver approved

Not sure about the second interview but the CEAC status thing saying refused is nothing new - it's a very unreliable system and some people, even with visa in hand, stay on refused forever. Mine didn't change from refused until they had my passport in hand. It's nothing to worry about.

Generally it's a "follow what you have been asked" situation - if they are asking for your passport it's extremely likely you are getting your visa.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 3:53 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waiver approved

You don't say what visa you applied for. Was it a work related visa or a family related visa? Assuming since you mentioned you required a medical that it is family related.

Do as directed, get the new ACRO, one that is in hand, make your appointment for the medical (the police certificate is needed for the medical) and send everything to the US Embassy.

Since you already have had the interview, more likely than not, you won't be required to attend a second.