Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Visa Waiver Program after abandoned AOS (USC Spouse)

Visa Waiver Program after abandoned AOS (USC Spouse)

Old Jan 7th 2018, 4:20 am
Just Joined

katbe247 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Waiver Program after abandoned AOS (USC Spouse)

Hello everyone!
I was wondering if anyone knows how to answer the following question..
I am Spouse of a US citizen and We're going back to my home country so I'll be abandoning my AOS.
I do not want to live in the US but I would like to come back for visit with my husband.
Do you think it would be impossible for me to get a Visa Waiver Program to come visit for a few days and then go back to my home country again?

I would also like to mention that I have a previous b2 denial.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 5:35 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Waiver Program after abandoned AOS (USC Spouse)

Originally Posted by katbe247
Hello everyone!
I was wondering if anyone knows how to answer the following question..
I am Spouse of a US citizen and We're going back to my home country so I'll be abandoning my AOS.
I do not want to live in the US but I would like to come back for visit with my husband.
Do you think it would be impossible for me to get a Visa Waiver Program to come visit for a few days and then go back to my home country again?

I would also like to mention that I have a previous b2 denial.
Hi kat,

How did you come to do AOS, did you enter the USA on a K-1 visa or something else?

Did you have any overstay in the USA prior to filing AOS?

Are you from a VWP country?

Why do you have a previously denied B-2?

Without knowing more details, it's impossible to answer your question at the moment.

Rene
Old Jan 7th 2018, 5:42 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi kat,

How did you come to do AOS, did you enter the USA on a K-1 visa or something else?

Without knowing more details, it's impossible to answer your question at the moment.

Rene
My inclination was to think it would be speculative to answer in this forum. Or engaging in odds making. The only definitive way to obtain an answer would be via ESTA.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 8:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi kat,

Rene
Yes im sorry! I came on a k1 visa and we got married and adjusted my status. I'm from Greece which is VWP country.
I had applied for a tourist visa so I can go visit my husband (boyfriend back then). But I got denied because I didn't have ties to my home country.
I later realized that tourist visa was completely not necessary and that I could have applied for a VWP.
I've never over stayed in US or any other country.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 2:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

When you apply for ESTA, you will have to declare the B-2 denial. You won't know the result until you apply.

Rene
Old Jan 7th 2018, 3:54 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Usually ESTA applications are denied for around 12 months after a denied B2 application. You'll have to apply and see what happens.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

I guess ill have to wait and apply when the time comes. Thank you for replying!