Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Visa for US family in UK whilst I work?

Visa for US family in UK whilst I work?

Old Oct 9th 2009, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

Jatb51 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa for US family in UK whilst I work?

Hi, I'm English, I plan on taking a job next year based in the Uk for 3 months, I want to bring my family who are US citizens with me, they will be visiting not working. We will be returning to the US after the job. Does my family need any visas?
Thanks
james
Old Oct 10th 2009, 8:58 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa for US family in UK whilst I work?

They could visit, as tourists, for up to 6 months with US passports but admission is always discretionary and Immigration might not like the idea of your wife arriving as a tourist if you plan to work.

Safest, and most flexble, option is to get a spouse visa. http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk

Are your children British citizens by descent?

Also, are you a US citizen or have you got a green card? If you only have a green card, have you thought about protecting your right to return to the US and ensuring the residence clock for naturalization is not re-started?
Old Oct 11th 2009, 11:11 am
Just Joined

Jatb51 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa for US family in UK whilst I work?

Thankyou for your reply, my children are brits by desent, I Have a greencard, I plan on starting naturalisation process next year. What would you suggest for 3 month trip? I thought re-entry permit was for over a year?
Cheers
james