Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Visa interview appointment availability London

Visa interview appointment availability London

Old Dec 7th 2017, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

Lauby1302 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa interview appointment availability London

Hi all,

I took a look through the search function, and couldn't find anything specifically related to this, but apologies in advance if I missed something.

Currently in the US on an L1 visa. My PED expires in March 2018, so planning a return to London to get an updated petition for a further two years.

Ideally I would return towards the end of January/early February, but there seems to be no availability for an interview after the 9th of January whatsoever. However, there is good availability pretty much every day from tomorrow until then.

Does anyone know if this means they just have not released the appointments for later in Jan/Feb yet? And anyone have any experience as to when/how far in advance they release these appointments? Or does this actually mean they have no availability after January 9th?

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 7th 2017, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

CA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa interview appointment availability London

Does your visa expire in March 2018 as well? Just asking becasue you don't go to the embassy in London to get an updated petition, that's done in the US.
Old Dec 7th 2017, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by CA-NY
Does your visa expire in March 2018 as well? Just asking becasue you don't go to the embassy in London to get an updated petition, that's done in the US.
My visa actually expires in Feb 2020. But I was informed by the immigration attorney at my firm, that I needed to go through the interview/embassy process again, to get a new approved I-129S. Are they incorrect?
Old Dec 7th 2017, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

CA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. If you're visa's valid until 2020 you don't need to go back to the embassy until then. The attorney can file the 2 year petition extension in the US. Then you'll do a second petition extension and visa renewal (with embassy visit) in 2020. The petition is 3+2+2 and the visa is 5+5. The embassy only deals with visas not petitions.
Old Dec 7th 2017, 6:04 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Double check with the attorney.
Old Dec 7th 2017, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

I spoke to my attorney, and they said due to blanket L1 status, it was easier if I were to revisit the embassy.

Does anyone have any experience/idea on my original question on interview scheduling in London though?

I have phoned the call centre twice now, and have received different information both times (first time, "it means there is no availability". Second time, "those slots have not been released yet").

Would appreciate any advice/information!

Thanks
Old Dec 7th 2017, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to all

Have you paid the DS160 fee as only then was I able to see actual open dates, on the appointment system

Just wondering if you are searching somewhere else to see dates
Old Dec 7th 2017, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

Yeah, I paid the fee, and actually have scheduled an appointment for Jan 9th. (As a "just in case", ideally need it a few weeks later)

But it just seems strange to me that there is plenty of availability in the next few weeks, but then nothing after Jan 9th. And I keep getting different responses from the call centre.

I just want to know if anyone has any experience as to when more availability becomes available. Or if there really are no later appointments than the 9th.

Thanks again!
Old Dec 8th 2017, 12:35 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I could be wrong, but maybe they only open up appointments a few weeks at a time?

Rene
Old Dec 8th 2017, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Perhaps..I will update here as a data point if/when more slots become available.
Old Dec 13th 2017, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

Just to update for future reference, or in case anyone else was in the same predicament or had the same question.

It looks like there is a 7 day gap after January 9th, where they are taking no appointments. I assume it is because of the move to the new embassy, but not 100% sure.

Availability has opened up from Jan 16th (when the new embassy is set to open) onwards.
Old Dec 13th 2017, 3:17 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lauby1302
Just to update for future reference, or in case anyone else was in the same predicament or had the same question.

It looks like there is a 7 day gap after January 9th, where they are taking no appointments. I assume it is because of the move to the new embassy, but not 100% sure.

Availability has opened up from Jan 16th (when the new embassy is set to open) onwards.
Thanks for the information, Lauby. That will answer a lot of questions in regard to scheduling that posters will have.
Old Jan 8th 2018, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Blobstopher is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks. Just following up on this as there appears to be no appointments available at all. Has anyone had any luck booking an appointment post 16th Jan? Nothing is available from my end and I've checked right up to 2020!