German police check

Old Mar 30th 2017, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

Sunjewel is an unknown quantity at this point
Question German police check

Sorry to piggyback onto this but think I need a Police check - who can I use to confirm the details, I see on the bottom of the form it has this -
Embassy ---- Consulate
Authority ---- Notary Public
Office ----- Police Station
does it mean I can use local police station or do I have to find a notary? If so has anyone any idea how much it might cost?
Thanks.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 2:00 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: police reports

Originally Posted by Sunjewel
Sorry to piggyback onto this but think I need a Police check - who can I use to confirm the details, I see on the bottom of the form it has this -
Embassy ---- Consulate
does it mean I can use local police station or do I have to find a notary? If so has anyone any idea how much it might cost?
Thanks.
Knowing which country you are talking about might help people to give you the answer.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: police reports

German police check/'Certificate of good conduct' just completing DS260 ready to send to NVC - with luck heading to USA soon. (after interview etc)

This is the link to the form I have to send.... https://www.bundesjustizamt.de/EN/Sh...cationFile&v=4

Last edited by Sunjewel; Mar 30th 2017 at 2:13 pm.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 5:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: German police check

Embassy ---- Consulate
Thanks.
Welcome to BE.

I have moved your posts into a new thread...that way they won't get lost in someone else's thread.

As you are a new member our spam filter holds back posts containing a link. That's the reason you couldn't see the above post.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Britexmom has a reputation beyond reputeBritexmom has a reputation beyond reputeBritexmom has a reputation beyond reputeBritexmom has a reputation beyond reputeBritexmom has a reputation beyond reputeBritexmom has a reputation beyond reputeBritexmom has a reputation beyond reputeBritexmom has a reputation beyond reputeBritexmom has a reputation beyond reputeBritexmom has a reputation beyond reputeBritexmom has a reputation beyond repute

When I had to get my German police check ( back in '98 tho) I just went to the local police station where I lived and they were able to give me what I needed. I don't even recall having to pay for it, if I did it was certainly minimal.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

Britexmom
When you had to get yours were you in UK or germany? we are in UK and will have to send request over to Germany and pay for it and also probably pay for translation - just trying to find out who can/can't sign to say we are who we say we are.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 11:08 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... just trying to find out who can/can't sign to say we are who we say we are.
You only need to submit the certificate. No one has to notarize it... and you can do the translation yourself so long as you're fluent.

Ian
Old Mar 30th 2017, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Embassy ---- Consulate
Thanks.
Your question is not very clear. Police check from which country, your location? Neither office will be able to confirm details given in the form (how would a notary check?) but they no doubt want confirmed that the doc is original and not a copy or fake. I assume it is a German police check to be submitted to another country?
If you are based in Germany, go to police station (used to be free, notary will charge about 40 Euro).
Old Mar 30th 2017, 11:51 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

I had to supply a German police check to the NVC. I already had one from the days when I was a foster parent. I got it in 2006. To get it I had to print off the form from the Bundesjustizamt website, complete it and get it notiarised, send it to Germany with a payment and wait for it to come back. I didn't have to get the certificate notarized - NVC does not require that - but the BJA will not process the application from overseas without it being notarized. Took a few weeks. Translated it myself (all two lines of it). No problems.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 11:58 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thairetired2016
Your question is not very clear. Police check from which country, your location? Neither office will be able to confirm details given in the form (how would a notary check?) but they no doubt want confirmed that the doc is original and not a copy or fake. I assume it is a German police check to be submitted to another country?
If you are based in Germany, go to police station (used to be free, notary will charge about 40 Euro).
Did you read Post #6?

Rene
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 10:16 am
Just Joined

Hi all - Thanks for any previous replies... Not sure I made it clear what I am asking -- can my solicitor sign the application form that I send for a German Good Conduct certificate/police check - NOT the certificate itself.
The link for the application form is on a previous post if anyone can possibly check and see if they think it would be ok or if they have had same done themselves who did they use. We are in the UK hoping to move to USA
Many thanks.

Last edited by Sunjewel; Apr 3rd 2017 at 10:18 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 10:43 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... can my solicitor sign the application form...
If your solicitor is also a notary, yes... otherwise, no.

Ian