Vacinations for US Immigration

Old Apr 26th 2017, 2:33 am
Just Joined

outteruniverse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vacinations for US Immigration

Hello all

I am wondering if anyone knows the answers to these questions?

I may possibly move to the US. I moved there once before around 13 years ago and had a medical and vaccinations done and got a US Department of State Vaccination Documentation Sheet that was done by a Dr in London next to the US Embassy.

I know I do not need certain vaccinations again but I only have a photocopy of the sheet, do you think this photocopy would be sufficient to avoid having the vaccinations again? do you think the US embassy would still have record of me having had certain vaccinations?

Also if there are any new vaccinations which I did not have then that are a must now what are they?

I noticed on my sheet it says:

Dt/DDP/DTaP - not age appropriate
td - completed
polio (opv/ipv) - not age appropriate
Measles - completed
Mumps or (MMR) - completed
Rubella (or MR or MMR) - completed
Hib (Haemophilus influenzea type b) - not age appropriate
Hepatitis B - not age appropriate
Varicella - not routinely available
Pneumococcal - not age appropriate
Influenza - not age appropriate

and the vacinations that are required now are:

Hepatitis A
Hepatitis B
Influenza
Influenza type b (Hib)
Measles
Meningococcal
Mumps
Pneumococcal
Pertussis
Polio
Rotavirus
Rubella
Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids
Varicella

So I am confused as to which vaccinations I would need to have done if I was to move to the US again?
Old Apr 26th 2017, 2:54 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vacinations for US Immigration

Neither the doctor nor the embassy will still have a record.

What visa are you getting?

There should be a list of required vaccinations on the US Embassy London's website.

Rene
Old Apr 26th 2017, 3:01 am
Just Joined

I hope I wouldnt have to have the vaccinations again.

Well a company in the US is interested in possibly employing my wife and sponsoring her for a work visa? But what type of visa would that be called? and would it be permanent? and could we eventually get US Citizenship with it and how long would it take?
and could myself as her husband also get a visa?
Sorry I dont know much about US Immigration??
Old Apr 26th 2017, 4:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by outteruniverse
I hope I wouldnt have to have the vaccinations again.

Well a company in the US is interested in possibly employing my wife and sponsoring her for a work visa? But what type of visa would that be called? and would it be permanent? and could we eventually get US Citizenship with it and how long would it take?
and could myself as her husband also get a visa?
Sorry I dont know much about US Immigration??
Ask your Wife to ask the Immigration Lawyer acting for the Company what they are proposing.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 4:44 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You've been through the immigration process once before, including a medical, yet you say you don't know much about the process? How is that?

I don't believe a medical exam is involved in a work visa application anyway, so probably nothing to worry about.

Rene
Old Apr 26th 2017, 4:47 am

There are several different work visas. Your wife would have to ask the potential employer what visa they have in mind.

It would only lead to citizenship if the employer is also willing to sponsor you for green cards first.

Yes, if she gets a work visa, you'll get a derivative visa. You may or may not be allowed to work, depends on the visa.

Rene
Old Apr 26th 2017, 12:12 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

So I am confused as to which vaccinations I would need to have done if I was to move to the US again?
Quite simply, check the CDC website. There's a list there of required vaccinations for immigration purposes.

Ian
Old Apr 26th 2017, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

I don't believe a medical exam is involved in a work visa application anyway, so probably nothing to worry about.
Thanks, I hope theres no medical exams for a work visa for my wife.

It would only lead to citizenship if the employer is also willing to sponsor you for green cards first.
Which types of work visas will allow you to get US Citizenship at some point?
I dont know what type of visa the emplyer has in mind, she just applied for a job in the US and on the application it said something like "would you require the firm to sponsor you if you are not a US Citizen?" and as she is British and not a US Citizen she of course put "yes", then the employer wrote to her and would like to schedule an interview. So while its early days we wanted to know though if the employer says "we can sponsor you for a H-1 visa" or whatever type of visa it is then we know what type of visa we would like. We would like one where we both could work if needed in the future and one where we could get US citizenship at some point. We can't afford to just go over there for a year or two, it would be something we would need to be permanent.

Hope someone can advise. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by outteruniverse; Apr 27th 2017 at 12:05 am.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 11:59 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Why did she answer "no" to the question as to whether she requires sponsorship? She DOES need sponsorship! No wonder the company called her to arrange an interview - they think they don't have to go through the visa hassle for her. Had she been truthful and told them she required sponsorship I suspect her application would have found its way into the round file quite promptly.

What kind of job is this? Even if the company IS prepared to invest a shed load of money in her visa paperwork and fees, not every job is eligible for a work visa.
Old Apr 27th 2017, 12:06 am
Just Joined

Obviously it was a typo, I mean't to say she said "yes"! Anyone can see that it was a typo based on the context, not rocket science. She said "YES!!!" she needs sponsorship. What you should have said was "I think you made a typo and mean't to say "Yes" not "no" based on the context.

Last edited by outteruniverse; Apr 27th 2017 at 12:15 am.
Old Apr 27th 2017, 1:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Let us know what route they propose.
Old Apr 27th 2017, 2:11 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Until we know what kind of job this is and what her skill set is, we don't know which visas are possible.

Why are you so keen to become US citizens? Sure it's helpful if you're going to be making the USA your permanent home but I don't get why you are so keen to do that when you appear to have no connections here. You say you can't afford a temporary move. If anything, a permanent move is more expensive as you have to start from scratch again. If she could come here on a company transfer for a few years they will likely help with a lot of the costs involved in relocating. Doing it this way the company is unlikely to contribute towards your expenses. The way they will see it is that organizing your visas will be enough and the end of their responsibility.
Old Apr 27th 2017, 3:32 am

You don't get to choose which visa, the employer chooses. This doesn't seem to be a transfer with her current employer, so an L visa is out. The H1B cap is met for this year, so unless the job is for a non-profit or educational institution, H1B is out. You wouldn't be able to work on an H4, anyway.

No visa leads to citizenship. It would be up to the employer to sponsor you for green card first (after arriving on a work visa). 5 years after being a PR, then you can apply for citizenship.

So, the first thing to find out is what visa the company wants to get for her, and then whether that visa works for you guys (i.e. both being able to work, etc.)

Rene
Old Apr 27th 2017, 12:04 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Which types of work visas will allow you to get US Citizenship at some point?
Quite simply, the ones that lead to green cards. Whether a company is willing to sponsor you for a green card is entirely up to the company... regardless of the visa you have.

Anyone can see that it was a typo based on the context, not rocket science.
I suggest you alter your attitude a bit. It's never a good idea to rant at those from whom you seek help.

Ian
Old May 2nd 2017, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

gtd2000 has a reputation beyond reputegtd2000 has a reputation beyond reputegtd2000 has a reputation beyond reputegtd2000 has a reputation beyond reputegtd2000 has a reputation beyond reputegtd2000 has a reputation beyond reputegtd2000 has a reputation beyond reputegtd2000 has a reputation beyond reputegtd2000 has a reputation beyond reputegtd2000 has a reputation beyond reputegtd2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I've only ever had "non-immigrant" work permits/visas during my time living and working in the USA.

I've probably had around 4 or 5 in total, over the years but never once been asked for any sort of medical vaccination history or proof.

I'm not an expert in these matters, by any stretch of the imagination but I suspect that medical records only apply in the case of becoming a permanent resident, rather than coming to the USA on a temporary basis, as I have in the past.

I've had H1 and E2 class Visas and they were usually obtained for periods of between 2-3 years duration.