USCIS WEB SITE CLOSED

Old Sep 23rd 2009, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

NYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud of
Default Re: USCIS WEB SITE CLOSED

Originally Posted by meauxna
The Blog @ Homeland Security

Tuesday, September 22, 2009
One Stop Shop

Today, Secretary Napolitano, USCIS Director Alejandro Mayorkas, and White House Chief Performance Officer Jeff Zients will be unveiling a new and improved USCIS website at USCIS’ headquarters.

Ninety days ago, President Obama called for new USCIS technology to improve transparency and efficiency in the immigration system. USCIS met the President’s directive by developing a re-designed and enhanced website, available in English and Spanish, to help customers navigate the immigration system more effectively. Essentially, the new USCIS website will be a “one-stop shop” for immigration information.

http://www.dhs.gov/journal/theblog/u...CIS-701294.bmp

The new “My Case Status” function above allows customers to sign in with a receipt number, and check the status of their application. They will also be able to sign up for email and text alerts for the first time, to let them know what step of the process their application is in.

For example, the new USCIS.gov website includes a “Where to Start” tool that helps customers easily navigate the new site, a “My Case Status” tool that allows customers to check the status of their application via email and text message alerts, and a “National Dashboard” that provides national data on volumes and trends in the immigration system. We are also proud to introduce a Spanish language version of our website, which is available at: www.uscis.gov/espanol.

Take a minute to check out the new site today and spread the word!
---------------------------

I don't get why they keep referring to the email alerts as 'new'.
And mine showed a lovely blue colour on the Decision circle with a very small approved bit in the sentence below, ahhh happy days!!

Originally Posted by agentred
Erm, am I the only person whose case number is not being recognized on the status page? I'm copying and pasting an EACxxx number straight from the e-mail they sent me on Friday the 18th of Sept, but it's not being recognized...
Mine was filed the same time and now have decision so make sure you are not including any unintentional spaces from your copy and paste, simple, but I did it the first couple of times too
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 3:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna

I don't get why they keep referring to the email alerts as 'new'.
New look?
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

agentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NYCbound
Mine was filed the same time and now have decision so make sure you are not including any unintentional spaces from your copy and paste, simple, but I did it the first couple of times too

I think we should both celebrate, mine was approved too!

Now the website says 'acceptance' so I think it's a step or two behind the times...

I'm waiting to until the website is updated before I call the London embassy to schedule an interview, but I'm so impatient!!

Last edited by agentred; Sep 23rd 2009 at 4:34 pm.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 12:31 am
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if, had I waited a while, I would now be able to see my N-400 case updates on Twatty, or whatever its called?

@USCISTAMPAFIELDOFFICER "OMGLOLZ we're deporting Titchski LMAO!"

Meanwhile on Faceache...

Titchski...is looking a for a cheap one way plane ticket or Transatlantic Cruise
Old Sep 24th 2009, 1:59 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Titchski
I wonder if, had I waited a while, I would now be able to see my N-400 case updates on Twatty, or whatever its called?

Meanwhile on Faceache...

Titchski...is looking a for a cheap one way plane ticket or Transatlantic Cruise
Old Sep 24th 2009, 2:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Titchski

Meanwhile on Faceache...

Brilliant!!!
Old Sep 24th 2009, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crg
How can they claim ingenuity as a core value? They're fenced in by laws and unwavering regulations.
In theory yes but don't forget those memos they put out which miraculously become law by virtue of being Policy