Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

urgent advice limited stay on visa

urgent advice limited stay on visa

Old Nov 17th 2017, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Denden12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default urgent advice limited stay on visa

Hi everyone

In August I was given limited stay when I enter the USA instead of 6 month I was given the exact time on my ticket which is 2 weeks . I leave before the 2 weeks back to the uk . The officer limit my stay cause she believes I travel there too much and did say I should spend 6 months in my country before coming back . What I want to know I new to this so have anyone been in this situation before. Will I need to get a new visa or get any approval before enter the states . My visa still valid till 2026 . I am very confused I wanted to speak to a lawyer but he want £900 to advise me . I want to travel next year . Also one last question . Sometimes I buy stuff in the USA and sell in the U.K. is my visa allow me to do that

Thank for any reply
Old Nov 17th 2017, 10:52 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: urgent advice limited stay on visa

No, you will not need to renew your visa. Please note that you are not "entitled" to six months each visit, the wording is "up to 6 months" and the duration is at the discretion of the CBP officer. Yes, it has happened to many, many people before. No, there is nothing you can do about it. Only US citizens have an automatic right to enter the country. The rest must request the privilege. It was deemed, on this occasion, that two weeks was sufficient but that's what your ticket was for so what's the problem? Or were you wanting to stay longer so put a dummy date on your ticket with the hope of changing it once here? Never lie to CBP about how long you intend to stay or the nature of your visit.
Will you be allowed back in? Who knows. As mentioned, no entry is ever guaranteed even with a visa.
Regarding the items you buy to resell, I assume you are declaring these as merchandise when you land back home and are paying the relevant duty? And you are declaring the income made on this business?
Old Nov 17th 2017, 10:59 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this story was familiar http://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/b2-visa-urgent-902403/#post12323308
Old Nov 17th 2017, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

As I say I don’t know much about it’s new to me . And yes I know it’s only us citizens guaranteed. And no I am not asking if I will allowed back in I am asking if people have that problem before and go back in or would they need a new visa . And no I never want to stay long I only spend one to two weeks the most in the USA . I never need to lie about my entry surely I can afford to travel so I do it
Old Nov 17th 2017, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Twinkle0927
It’s similar but different questions if read carefully
Old Nov 17th 2017, 11:05 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Denden12
It’s similar but different questions if read carefully
You need to stay outside the USA for at least 6 months (preferably longer) before you even attempt to enter again. If you continue abusing your visa, it's likely to result in you being banned from entering the USA altogether.
Old Nov 17th 2017, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
You need to stay outside the USA for at least 6 months (preferably longer) before you even attempt to enter again. If you continue abusing your visa, it's likely to result in you being banned from entering the USA altogether.
In what way did abuse my visa . I enter the USA mostly every 3 months for a week or so or during my time off work it was cheap to go New York and I use miles sometimes. In one year I maybe only do 3 or 4 weeks in total In the USA so how did I abuse my visa please don’t comment if u don’t know the full story. I never spend 6 months then go back again that’s what you call abuse
Old Nov 17th 2017, 11:18 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

In what way did abuse my visa . I enter the USA mostly every 3 months for a week or so or during my time off work it was cheap to go New York and I use miles sometimes. In one year I maybe only do 3 or 4 weeks in total In the USA so how did I abuse my visa please don’t comment if u don’t know the full story. I never spend 6 months then go back again that’s what you call abuse
The only person here who doesn't know the full story is you. I suggest you research and find out a bit more about the rules that apply to US visas and how they affect you.

You are abusing your visa by travelling too often for the CBP's liking. They want you to travel less often. You might not like that, but they get to make the rules, not you.

Find out the rules, then start following them; otherwise it could cause you a whole lot of trouble.
Old Nov 17th 2017, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

The only person here who doesn't know the full story is you. I suggest you research and find out a bit more about the rules that apply to US visas and how they affect you.

You are abusing your visa by travelling too often for the CBP's liking. They want you to travel less often. You might not like that, but they get to make the rules, not you.

Find out the rules, then start following them; otherwise it could cause you a whole lot of trouble.
There is no rules that say how much time to travel . I even ask cbp few times and only this they told me is that you spend more time in your country . Please send me the link of any rules that tell how many times a year you can travel on a visa . Cause really I know people that travel 6 times a year or more on short visit with no problems
Old Nov 17th 2017, 11:27 am
Account Closed

There is no rules that say how much time to travel . I even ask cbp few times and only this they told me is that you spend more time in your country . Please send me the link of any rules that tell how many times a year you can travel on a visa . Cause really I know people that travel 6 times a year or more on short visit with no problems
You've already been told what the rules are. The officer at your last entry into the USA told you that you are travelling too much and that you should stay outside the USA at least six months before ever coming back. It couldn't be simpler.

Why don't you understand that?

What happens to other people is irrelevant. It's only the rules applying to you that matter.
Old Nov 17th 2017, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

You've already been told what the rules are. The officer at your last entry into the USA told you that you are travelling too much and that you should stay outside the USA at least six months before ever coming back. It couldn't be simpler.

Why don't you understand that?

What happens to other people is irrelevant. It's only the rules applying to you that matter.
Please don’t rude to me because you don’t have to reply. The officer never told me it’s a rule because her colleague was there think differently from what she thinks . My grandma is a us citizen and she had a stroke so I end up traveling a bit more that year . I don’t want to live or stay in America I have a job and family I live in the uk my own place comfortable life . So don’t rude to me like i am a cruff
Old Nov 17th 2017, 11:41 am
Account Closed

Please don’t rude to me because you don’t have to reply. The officer never told me it’s a rule because her colleague was there think differently from what she thinks . My grandma is a us citizen and she had a stroke so I end up traveling a bit more that year . I don’t want to live or stay in America I have a job and family I live in the uk my own place comfortable life . So don’t rude to me like i am a cruff
Telling you something you don't want to hear is not me being rude.

You quite clearly don't know, or don't understand, how the CBP and US immigration operates; and it also seems clear that you don't want to listen to advice either.
Old Nov 17th 2017, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Telling you something you don't want to hear is not me being rude.

You quite clearly don't know, or don't understand, how the CBP and US immigration operates; and it also seems clear that you don't want to listen to advice either.
To be honest is how you say things to people. The way you say things sound a bit rude .
Now if you in my shoes and confuse you will see . If cbp could only put it in black and white online then it would be much more easier or if they say don’t come back to thier country then I can move on but with little information then how can I make a decision I have to ask people who know more . I been traveling for 10 years now in the USA and that happen I am not use to that situation
Old Nov 17th 2017, 11:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

TIf cbp could only put it in black and white online then it would be much more easier
And that's exactly why they don't - they don't want black and white 'rules', they want the maximum amount of latitude so that they can decide who enters their country.
Old Nov 17th 2017, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the advice anyway have a great day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.