tracking canucks

Old Jun 11th 2002, 2:20 am
Ken Pisichko

Default Re: tracking canucks

I suppose your nation can screen everyone. You as a taxpayer will bear the
consequences!

In addition to screening aliens I note that a USC was arrested yesterday (or was it
today) for planning to construct a "dirty" nuclear device. I am quite glad that the
government intelligence and security agencies screen their own citizens too. Everyone
means everyone. No exemptions.

Ken

James Donovan wrote:

> Ken Pisichko <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > James Donovan wrote:
    > >
    > > > [email protected] (AftonOkla) wrote in message
    > > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > > >This "honor system" has been responsible for illegal aliens crossing the
    > > > > >border. We need to honor our own country only and start tracking entries and
    > > > > >exits.
    > > > >
    > > > > They check your citizenship and ID and that is good enough. If they want to
    > > > > track entry and exit for non citizens of either country, that is fine too but
    > > > > as a citizen of the USA it is not anybodies business if I go to Canada or how
    > > > > long I stay there.
    > > >
    > > > It is a business of the USA to make sure that foreigners, including canadians,
    > > > do not overstay their welcome, and that we do not admit anyone who is going to
    > > > kill us.
    > >
    > > I agree, but how can ANYONE predict who is going to kill whom? If anyone can do
    > > such a prediction then I'll bet there are a LOT of police, and federal government
    > > organizations that will be really happy to pay them BIG greenbacks to help stamp
    > > out terrorism.
    >
    > Well then that is why we need to screen EVERYONE.

Old Jun 11th 2002, 2:23 am
Aftonokla

>I don't think so. If that were the case, the traffic would only be one way and
    >Canada would be empty, as is happening now with easy to obtain TN visas. We hardly
    >have enough jobs for our own citizens in the USA you want canucks to come here?
    >Utter madness. Canadians

The Canadians often take jobs that US citizens don't want and that the Mexicans
cannot do. One of the biggest categories of Canadian employment is in nursing which
is a profession most Americans don't want anything to do with.

Old Jun 11th 2002, 2:28 am
Aftonokla

>It is a business of the USA to make sure that foreigners, including canadians, do
    >not overstay their welcome, and that we do not admit anyone who is going to kill us.

No citizen of Canada is going to kill you. In fact I bet that more Canadians are
killed by Americans then the other way. As for overstaying their welcome, they can
stay as long as they want to stay as far as I am concerned- as long as they are not
breaking any laws.

Old Jun 11th 2002, 1:20 pm
James Donovan

[email protected] (AftonOkla) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > >It is a business of the USA to make sure that foreigners, including canadians,
    > >do not overstay their welcome, and that we do not admit anyone who is going to
    > >kill us.
    >
    > No citizen of Canada is going to kill you. In fact I bet that more Canadians are
    > killed by Americans then the other way.

Read what I have been saying. I wasn't talking about Canadian citizens. But then
again, in light of the recent news, I wouldn't be surprised if Al-Qaeda would go that
route next.

> As for overstaying their welcome, they can stay as long as they want to stay as far
    > as I am concerned- as long as they are not breaking any laws.

I don't think so. Canadians are not American Citizens. They are visiting our country.
We already have half open borders through NAFTA and we can see the tthe traffic is
going in one direction. We can't afford to turn on the faucet full blast because
we'll get flooded out.

Old Jun 11th 2002, 1:20 pm
James Donovan

Ken Pisichko <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > I suppose your nation can screen everyone. You as a taxpayer will bear the
    > consequences!

I don't mind. It would be a good use of my tax money.

>
    > In addition to screening aliens I note that a USC was arrested yesterday (or was it
    > today) for planning to construct a "dirty" nuclear device.

That is exactly why I advocate screening everyone.

> I am quite glad that the government intelligence and security agencies screen their
    > own citizens too. Everyone means everyone. No exemptions.

Exactly. I agree 100%.

Old Jun 11th 2002, 2:20 pm
Stuart Brook

James Donovan wrote:

> I don't think so. Canadians are not American Citizens. They are visiting our
    > country. We already have half open borders through NAFTA and we can see the tthe
    > traffic is going in one direction. We can't afford to turn on the faucet full blast
    > because we'll get flooded out.

NAFTA hasn't even a quarter opened the borders. The professions open under NAFTA for
Canadians to work in the US is very limited, and they are professional positions;
even programmers were specifically excluded from NAFTA where they had been included
under the CFTA. It is still difficult to get a TN and one faces a lot of scrutiny.
Moreover, a TN does not provide dual intent ... so it is not so easy to get a GC as
with, for example, an H1B. A lot of the people entering the US on TN would have been
entering on H1Bs, especially now that the caps are not being met.

Curiously although the majority of the flow has been southbound, a lot of these
people are immigrants to Canada who would have gone to the USA in the first place
were it not for the extreme delays of US immigration policies and the INS. They use
Canada as a stepping stone to get to the US - which will now with Canada's new
immigration law, get a little harder. Eliminate those, and the number of "natural
born Canadians" going south is a lot smaller.

Stuart

Old Jun 11th 2002, 10:56 pm
James Donovan

> >I don't think so. If that were the case, the traffic would only be one way and
    > >Canada would be empty, as is happening now with easy to obtain TN visas. We
    > >hardly have enough jobs for our own citizens in the USA you want canucks to come
    > >here? Utter madness. Canadians
    > The Canadians often take jobs that US citizens don't want and that the Mexicans
    > cannot do. One of the biggest categories of Canadian employment is in nursing which
    > is a profession most Americans don't want anything to do with.

That's hogwash. There are millions of Americans out of work.

Old Jun 11th 2002, 10:57 pm
James Donovan

> >It is quite OK for the fellow to be a taxpayer and citizen in Minneapolis with a
    > >family. Unfortunately, his past indiscretion did not sit well outside of the USA.
    > >The same will be true of many aliens when they arrive at the US border - they will
    > >be subject to US legislation and if they are deemed as unfit for
    > I do not have a problem with Canadians or Americans checking my citizenship and
    > even if I am a criminal. What I have a big problem with is them keeping track of my
    > entries and exits. That I am a US citizen and have no criminal record IS their
    > business. Where I go and how long I stay is NOT their business.

Yes it is. You are entering THEIR country, and unless you happen to be a citizen,
they can track all they want.

Old Jun 12th 2002, 12:20 am
James Donovan

Stuart Brook <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:<[email protected] da.ca>...
    > James Donovan wrote:
    >
    > > I don't think so. Canadians are not American Citizens. They are visiting our
    > > country. We already have half open borders through NAFTA and we can see the tthe
    > > traffic is going in one direction. We can't afford to turn on the faucet full
    > > blast because we'll get flooded out.
    >
    > NAFTA hasn't even a quarter opened the borders.

Thankfully.

> The professions open under NAFTA for Canadians to work in the US is very limited,
    > and they are professional positions; even programmers were specifically excluded
    > from NAFTA where they had been included under the CFTA. It is still difficult to
    > get a TN and one faces a lot of scrutiny.

Which is good. There is no free ride to come to the USA.

> Moreover, a TN does not provide dual intent ... so it is not so easy to get a GC as
    > with, for example, an H1B. A lot of the people entering the US on TN would have
    > been entering on H1Bs, especially now that the caps are not being met.

> Curiously although the majority of the flow has been southbound, a lot of these
    > people are immigrants to Canada who would have gone to the USA in the first place
    > were it not for the extreme delays of US immigration policies and the INS. They use
    > Canada as a stepping stone to get to the US - which will now with Canada's new
    > immigration law, get a little harder. Eliminate those, and the number of "natural
    > born Canadians" going south is a lot smaller.

Not really true. Alot of my Canadian friends have told me that most of the southbound
flow is natural born. But, it still does not make a difference anyway you take it.

Old Jun 12th 2002, 3:07 am
James Donovan

> >Afton OKA. I don't know what country your from. I assume it's the United States.
    > >You're right. The United States should not have to track you, but if you go to
    > >Canada and they WANT to track you, what are you going to do about it? It's not
    > >your country.
    > It is my wife's country and if they start that shit, I will cross in Montana
    > uninspected.

If you start that shit, they have every right to kick your ass back.

Old Jun 12th 2002, 3:20 am
Stuart Brook

BM wrote:
    >
    > Canadians should be required to have I-94's. And yes, If I go to Canada, and Canada
    > requires an I-94, then I will have one.

But BM, what use is an I-94 for a Canadian visiting the US? You get so many I-94s
today that you can't keep up with them, matching entry and exit.

What they really amount to is a way to keep legal people legal. Anyone who wants to
break US laws isn't going to give a cuss whether or not their entry was recorded or
whether they have an I-94 or not.

Stuart

Old Jun 12th 2002, 3:29 am
Ken Pisichko

James Donovan wrote:

> [email protected] (AftonOkla) wrote in message
    > > >I don't think so. If that were the case, the traffic would only be one way and
    > > >Canada would be empty, as is happening now with easy to obtain TN visas. We
    > > >hardly have enough jobs for our own citizens in the USA you want canucks to come
    > > >here? Utter madness. Canadians
    > >
    > > The Canadians often take jobs that US citizens don't want and that the Mexicans
    > > cannot do. One of the biggest categories of Canadian employment is in nursing
    > > which is a profession most Americans don't want anything to do with.
    > That's hogwash. There are millions of Americans out of work.

Are you implying that these millions of Americans are capable of doing these jobs
that Canadians grab? If so, why are these americans NOT taking these jobs being
snatched up by the alien neighbours from the North?

Perhaps more important from a duty to country perspective is the question: why are
the US citizens and corporations being so unpatriotic as to hire these alien
Canadians? Gotta be some reason. Why?

Ken

Old Jun 12th 2002, 4:20 am
Ken Pisichko

BM wrote:

> Ooops, I guess we won. the british aren't in charge, what I meant was too bad we
    > didn't invade Canada and win that part too. (this is a joke so don't get offended)
    >

No offense recognized. just remember who burned down the "White House" during that
war. Winning wars is quite a debateable thing, just as the terms Hero and traitor are
quite debateable.

Reflect on Benedict Arnold regarding the hero-traitor nomenclature. Also, remember
who" won". the Pacific Component of WW II when you read the Japanese school and
history texts, and what the Japanese have to say about that war.....

Ken

>
    > "BM" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:PPvN8.156515$352.7837@sccrnsc02...
    > > Too bad we didn't just kick the British's ass in the war of 1812. This
    > would
    > > all be one big country.

Old Jun 12th 2002, 5:21 am
Ken Pisichko

This tracking stuff is beginning to sound more and more like the STAZI stuff that
happened in the former East Germany. Won't the media and the press have fun with this
proposal! By all means, promote this tracking thing and get laughed at. At least some
folks will be paying attention to this for a while.

I'll be national governments do some tracking of folks they deem to be suspicious.
But everyone???

If you really think it will help national security, by all means go and promote
this idea ...

Ken

James Donovan wrote:

> [email protected] (AftonOkla) wrote in message
    > > >It is quite OK for the fellow to be a taxpayer and citizen in Minneapolis with a
    > > >family. Unfortunately, his past indiscretion did not sit well outside of the
    > > >USA. The same will be true of many aliens when they arrive at the US border -
    > > >they will be subject to US legislation and if they are deemed as unfit for
    > >
    > > I do not have a problem with Canadians or Americans checking my citizenship and
    > > even if I am a criminal. What I have a big problem with is them keeping track of
    > > my entries and exits. That I am a US citizen and have no criminal record IS their
    > > business. Where I go and how long I stay is NOT their business.
    >
    > Yes it is. You are entering THEIR country, and unless you happen to be a citizen,
    > they can track all they want.

Old Jun 13th 2002, 12:46 am
Aftonokla

>Canada as a stepping stone to get to the US - which will now with Canada's new
    >immigration law, get a little harder. Eliminate those, and the number of "natural
    >born Canadians" going south is a lot smaller.

It was a "stepping stone" I guess for my wife and my sister-in- law. They both
immigrated to Canada from Jamaica many years ago when both were children and both
countries were under the crown meanning that one could move freely from one country
to the other. But on the other hand I see Canada's point of view that they do not
like being "used" by people whos real intentions are getting into the USA. I remember
when Russian Jews would beg to go to Israel and then toss their visas in the trash
and go to the US embassy and demand refugee status. I was glad when both governments
stopped it too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.