Touring the us fo 6 months

Old Feb 9th 2018, 8:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Touring the us fo 6 months

Originally Posted by civilservant
The itinery doesn't have to be exact - it's not like they're going to send someone from DHS out to a grid location to check you are where you say you're going to be.

It will, however, strengthen your case.

I've read a little bit about it today, and I can't think of a better reason to be asking for a B2 then that if you really want to hike the whole trail. It's pretty much impossible to do it in 90 days unless your a runner and have a whole support team.
I think the topic of a B1 visa for the one distance trails has come up before, can't remember for sure if it was the Appalachian Trail, but I seem to remember that people had got B1s for this walk in the past as long as they produced the plans and itinerary etc. I'm think back about 5-6 years though and can't find the thread(s).

OP -do you have background in long-distance walks? The Camino de Santiago etc? That might help to convince the authorities that you are actually serious
Old Feb 9th 2018, 9:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

B1 is for business, B2 in this case, I have met people doing long distance rides who obtained a B2.
Old Feb 9th 2018, 2:17 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
B1 is for business, B2 in this case, I have met people doing long distance rides who obtained a B2.
Oops, sorry, I knew it was a B visa
Found this http://britishexpats.com/forum/us-im...opeful-858369/ but its still not the one I was thinking of.
Old Feb 9th 2018, 3:21 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

So I had a conversation with my brother about his B-2 visa for the Appalachian Trail. I asked what he took with him to his interview.

Brother: Police thing, forms of ID. Perhaps some form of proof of employment? It was a little while ago so can't remember exactly.

Me: Anything regarding the actual walk itself though? Itinerary or whatnot?

Brother: I think I took a whole bunch of stuff like that but they didn't even look at it. When they asked me business or pleasure. I started explaining about the AT but they looked at me blankly and said so pleasure then. To which I replies, hell no!! Thru hiking is a serious business (I didn't say that). I think I took reading lists. And an itinerary.
Old Feb 9th 2018, 7:18 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

I might suggest producing National Park Service Brochures and a smallish guidebook. (Amazon is your friend)
Old Feb 9th 2018, 11:47 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I would think evidence of previous experiences would not hurt but would support your bona fides as a long distancer. Wainwrights CtC or Pennine Way or the like.
Old Feb 10th 2018, 12:41 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Might the physique also be a clue? There's no way on earth I could convince anyone that I'm considering hiking the AT with my physique.