Total newbie

Old Sep 10th 2017, 3:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Total newbie

Originally Posted by Kuzzie
Ever read so much stuff in one go that you feel your going round in circles..... That's like reading the stuff for the visa I'm sure you guys have been there before.
No one is being rude. We are telling you how it is...free of charge. You can believe the info or not...that's up to you.
Old Sep 10th 2017, 3:35 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Ever read so much stuff in one go that you feel your going round in circles..... That's like reading the stuff for the visa I'm sure you guys have been there before.

Unfortunately you have misinterpreted the truth for being rude. I know it must be disappointing for you that your dream of living in a warm place with horses is very likely not going to happen in Texas.That's not our fault. You were rude. Don't shoot the messenger and don't visit your frustration about what you can't have on those who do have what you want.

Have you considered Spain? Nice and warm. Plenty of horses. No visa required. And no hurricanes.
Old Sep 10th 2017, 4:19 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Have you considered Spain? Nice and warm. Plenty of horses. No visa required. And no hurricanes.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Lie Ian usually says (and I'm surprised he didn't) - you came on here to ask questions, you don't get to dictate the manner in which people respond to your request. Personally I'd rather people be direct then sugercoat it, but that's me.
Old Sep 10th 2017, 7:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

So me and my partner want to move to Texas, I don't mind getting a company to help us with our applications but if I can save some pennies that would be good.
I have a level 4 diploma in accounting but not a degree.
He has no paper qualifications but has run a successful partnership with a motor bike business over here.
We want to move permanently so we don't have to worry about anything changing in a few years.
What are our options and chances?
My brother is an Accountant, he spent sometime in NYC when he was working for PWC.

My father was an Accountant, worked for Fords and had a job offer to move to Detroit.

I personally like the move with your Employer option, L1, the Company pay for the move and the SO can work.
Old Sep 10th 2017, 8:12 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
My brother is an Accountant, he spent sometime in NYC when he was working for PWC.

My father was an Accountant, worked for Fords and had a job offer to move to Detroit.

I personally like the move with your Employer option, L1, the Company pay for the move and the SO can work if they are married.
FIFY.
Old Sep 10th 2017, 8:18 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pulaski
FIFY.
I took that as a given.
Old Sep 10th 2017, 8:22 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I took that as a given.
Why? "Partner" is typically used in the UK to obfuscate the fact that "a couple" is not married.

And to the point about transferring through employment, you need to be more than a book keeper or an accounting analyst - so the OP would need a degree, and then a professional qualification, so that puts her 5-6 years from now at a minimum. Then she needs a job with an employer who could transfer her, and there are only a few of those, then she needs to work herself into a position where the employer actually wants to transfer her. .... It seems like a 10+ year plan, plus more than a fair amount of luck.

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 10th 2017 at 8:49 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2017, 8:24 pm
Account Closed

Why? "Partner" is typically used in the UK to obfuscate the fact that "a couple" is not married.
I have seen it both ways, anyway if your read Pulaski's Ways you will see that they have to be married to benefit.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
.... That's what the provided link does - it outlines all the ways you can get to the US. .....
Why do some people think we are hiding a few secret trick ways to getting a visa up our sleeves, or, for that matter, that a lawyer can pull a visa out of a hat for them?
Old Sep 11th 2017, 12:46 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Why do some people think we are hiding a few secret trick ways to getting a visa up our sleeves, or, for that matter, that a lawyer can pull a visa out of a hat for them?
Obviously been watching Eastenders too much where people just "move to America" after an argument or because they don't like their job without needing a visa or anything.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

fbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Options: very limited

Also your accounting qualification is pretty worthless here, at best you might get a job as a book keeper with an accounting diploma, assuming you also have some experience to tout. But there is no chance you would get visa sponsorship with only a diploma, and even with a degree in accounting there is almost no chance of visa sponsorship because there are so many people already in the US with accounting qualifications and you would cost a prospective employer $8,000-$10,000 in visa and legal fees.
Yes it is hard to get an employer to sponsor you, that's a fact. I just want to add that having an accounting degree/experience is actually one of the easier employment categories to get a company to sponsor you. There might be 'loads' of accountants, who knows, but there are still enough companies sponsoring accountants/auditors on visas. There'd be a lot more opportunities if the H1 visa process wasn't so competitive (lottery based).

Having an accounting diploma does nothing though!
Old Sep 11th 2017, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

iarnell has a reputation beyond reputeiarnell has a reputation beyond reputeiarnell has a reputation beyond reputeiarnell has a reputation beyond reputeiarnell has a reputation beyond reputeiarnell has a reputation beyond reputeiarnell has a reputation beyond reputeiarnell has a reputation beyond reputeiarnell has a reputation beyond reputeiarnell has a reputation beyond reputeiarnell has a reputation beyond repute

Well... There's at least one secret trick that's not mentioned in your guide. Seek employment at a recognized international organization and get a G-4 visa. Kinda similar to L-1 but your employer doesn't need to make a good case for you.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by iarnell
Well... There's at least one secret trick that's not mentioned in your guide. Seek employment at a recognized international organization and get a G-4 visa. Kinda similar to L-1 but your employer doesn't need to make a good case for you.
But most of those organizations are hire elite "creme de la creme" individuals with MBAs, PhDs, and usually with political connections to high levels of government. They aren't the sort of job you apply for because you fancy a change of job.

Furthermore many, if not most if the organization's listed, don't maintain much of a presence in the US, so G-x visa holders will come to the US for meetings, seminars, and conferences, not relocate here for the long term. .... And I suspect switching to a green card from a G-x isn't easy either.

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 11th 2017 at 9:41 pm.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

iarnell has a reputation beyond reputeiarnell has a reputation beyond reputeiarnell has a reputation beyond reputeiarnell has a reputation beyond reputeiarnell has a reputation beyond reputeiarnell has a reputation beyond reputeiarnell has a reputation beyond reputeiarnell has a reputation beyond reputeiarnell has a reputation beyond reputeiarnell has a reputation beyond reputeiarnell has a reputation beyond repute

But most of those organizations are hire elite "creme de la creme" individuals with MBAs, PhDs, and usually with political connections to high levels of government. They aren't the sort of job you apply for because you fancy a change of job.
You'd be surprised. The very top tiers would typically be highly political, but the ones I know a little about also have a bunch of regular professionals and general service staff below that.

Furthermore many, if not most if the organization's listed, don't maintain much of a presence in the US, so G-x visa holders will come to the US for meetings, seminars, and conferences.
There's at least one really big one in New York, though. Unfortunately for Kuzzie, they rely on filling their general service requirements locally - little hope for a visa that way.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

fbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond repute

The World Bank and its various organizations like the IFC, actually do hire 'regular' professionals on G visas, who are not necessarily politically connected. The UN might too, but I don't know much about that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.