Timeline for naturalisation.

Old Jan 15th 2008, 12:44 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline for naturalisation.

Wow. The people who sent it months ago and were told over a year will be pissed if you go first! Heh.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

Naturalizer is just really niceNaturalizer is just really niceNaturalizer is just really niceNaturalizer is just really niceNaturalizer is just really niceNaturalizer is just really niceNaturalizer is just really niceNaturalizer is just really nice

Originally Posted by Scorchio
Here's another timeline to keep you all interested:

Dec 15 2007: Sent N400
Dec 17 2007: USPS notice of receipt
Jan 12 2008: Receipt notice, "expect notice of interview within 90 days"

I like the sound of 90 days compared to 360 or 540! Who knows, I might get through in time to vote after all.
Originally Posted by augigi
Wow. The people who sent it months ago and were told over a year will be pissed if you go first! Heh.
I for one! This happened to me when I applied for Permananent Residency. It took two and a half years, about average for people who applied when I did in NYC. But most people who applied just a few months after I did were granted Permanent Residency within a year of applying, because of some sort of automation introduced after I applied. The punchline: not only would I have had PR status a year sooner had I applied a few months later, I would also likely be a citizen now because I would have become eligible to apply long before this damned backlog - back when NYC was processing in 6 months.

Not that I begrudge Scorchio or anyone else for their good fortune. But that approval within a reasonable timeframe should come down to luck and timing just shows how feckless, flawed and failed an organization USCIS is.

BTW Scorchio - no fingerprinting?
Old Jan 15th 2008, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Aycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud of

I'm happy for Scorchio and others who seem to be having a quick and easy ride through the N400 backlogs.

I've just seen, on another forum, someone who applied in late November (Ohio) and now has interview scheduled for March !

I can't help feeling, like the previous poster, that there's something sadly wrong with the system when there are such drastic differences in timelines, depending on where one happens to live.

N400 to TSC 26 July 07
NOA 26 Nov 07
FP (1) 17 Dec 07 (OKC)
FP(2) re-do appointment 22 Jan 08
Old Jan 15th 2008, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

Scorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Naturalizer
BTW Scorchio - no fingerprinting?
No mention of fingerprinting yet. Maybe I'll get an appointment for that soon. Maybe the fingerprints they took when I was sorting out my GC (or was it for my EAD?) are still good? It was on the posh hi-tech scanning machine, where they keep re-rolling your fingers until they get a good scan.

Sorry folks, I feel like I'm jumping the queue! Maybe the Texas branch is processing more quickly or had a smaller backlog. Of course, there's no guarantee that when the interview date is set, that it's going to be anytime soon!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Update to my sister's timeline

(via CSC)

N400 sent 20 Aug 07
Cheque cashed 15 Nov 07
NOA 6 Dec 07 ("expect interview within 365 days")
Received FP notice 21 Jan 08
FP appointment 25 Jan 08
Old Feb 4th 2008, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sis asked at her biometrics appointment about expected timelines, as she was going to come back to Aus while waiting for the interview/oath ceremony if it's going to be another year.

The officer said they get updates weekly and at the moment the interview should be expected about 3 months after biometrics. She asked if he was just guessing, but he apparently seemed pretty sure.

Time will tell, I guess!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

jokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to all

Originally Posted by augigi
The officer said they get updates weekly and at the moment the interview should be expected about 3 months after biometrics. She asked if he was just guessing, but he apparently seemed pretty sure.
Time will tell, I guess!

Interesting. A friend of a friend who was fingerprinted early November has just had her interview ... her time line was around 8 weeks from fingerprints to interview.

We can live in hope I guess ..

Old Feb 4th 2008, 4:20 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jokeworm
Interesting. A friend of a friend who was fingerprinted early November has just had her interview ... her time line was around 8 weeks from fingerprints to interview.

We can live in hope I guess ..

Those timelines will be dependent on the Local Office's workload/timeline, so it will be different for different cities.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

jokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to all

Originally Posted by meauxna
Those timelines will be dependent on the Local Office's workload/timeline, so it will be different for different cities.
Sorry - yes - this was TSC + Oklahoma City for the friend.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Aycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud of

jokeworm - That's interesting! There are so few references to OKC on any of the message boards I read - it's good to see info about someone who actually made it to interview recently via that office.

Do you happen to know her priority date, date of application or the number of days they stated on N400? Ta for any further info.

N400to TSC 26 July 2007
NOA 26 Nov 2007 (365 days estimate to interview notification)
Fingerprint(1) 17 December 2007
Fingerprint re-take 22 Jan 2008
Old Feb 5th 2008, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Aycee

Do you happen to know her priority date, date of application or the number of days they stated on N400? Ta for any further info.
No idea I'm afraid - I'll see what else i can find out and report back.

Old Feb 5th 2008, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

Many thanks!
Old Feb 8th 2008, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

Got this reply from her ...

"I originally applied in July last year.. I think I went for the fingerprints in November... Then back to OKC for the actual interview in January.

They told me after my interview that I should get the ceremony date, within the next two months!!"

Old Feb 8th 2008, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks so much jokeworm - and thanks to your friend of friend too!

It's looking more optimistic - even if it was very early July when she sent in her N400.

I'll update whenever I get my interview notice. At a guess it could be sometime next month for interview April or May....if I'm lucky.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Yup - i guess we will know soon enough.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.