Timeline for naturalisation.

Old Jul 16th 2007, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute
Default Timeline for naturalisation.

Hubby, son & myself sent the N400, photos & checks off on sat 7/14. I will keep you updated as to when things start happening. We have been here more than 5 years on a green card, and came over originally on an L1 & L2 visa.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 5:51 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline for naturalisation.

Originally Posted by joto
Hubby, son & myself sent the N400, photos & checks off on sat 7/14. I will keep you updated as to when things start happening. We have been here more than 5 years on a green card, and came over originally on an L1 & L2 visa.
Congrats on this final step!
The only other info of use to others would be the District Office you are using.. that is where the time variable is.

best wishes!
Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

We applied through the Vermont office. Hope they are quicker than some others.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:53 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

No, they are not. It is not a matter of the service center being quick; it is a matter of the district office being quick. All the service center does is accept your petitions, send out the notice of action, schedules your biometrics and then holds the petitions until the district office calls for them.

Good luck to you all.

BTW where do you reside? M.A. are not initials for any state that I know of. If you meant MA for Massachusetts, then look up the timeline for naturalization with the Boston office.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 11:40 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto what Rete wrote.
Although you mail your application to Vermont Service Center, the timeline is determined by your District Office.

Most cases are completing inside of 6 months anyway, FYI.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

We received our Notice of Action to get our fingerprints taken on 9/11/07. Our son & I will be able to go, but hubby is working out of town right now and will have to re-schedule. We need to go into Boston. It is handy because we are going to the Genisis concert that evening. Hubby was supposed to go, but being out of town I had to do something with the ticket and our son (22) is more than willing to take his place.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 7:18 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

I just had mine taken on 8/30 in Denver. The guy who took mine said they're typically setting interviews two months hence. Here's hoping...
Old Sep 6th 2007, 2:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

We received our Notice of Action to get our fingerprints taken on 9/11/07. Our son & I will be able to go, but hubby is working out of town right now and will have to re-schedule. We need to go into Boston. It is handy because we are going to the Genisis concert that evening. Hubby was supposed to go, but being out of town I had to do something with the ticket and our son (22) is more than willing to take his place.
Our bio's were done within a month of mailing our application. I also think the timeline for interview depends on the background checks. Our daughter's timeline was 3 mths from application to interview/oath ceremony...ours was 6 months.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 3:18 am
Just Joined

Jamiewrit is an unknown quantity at this point

The timelines given by some people here are very quick indeed. The backlog is enormous and most of the problems come with the name check, in other words background check, by the FBI. My background check took more than seven months. I still don't have an appiontment for final interview at Baltimore. In fact, the process is close to a year now. My original application was sent back after 2 months because I signed the form in black as requested by the instructions. They apparently prefer signatures in blue. Efforts by lawmakers and federal govt contacts to get information about the status of my case have so far elicted nothing. It is not entirely correct that the timelines are dictated by the district offices. Baltimore is under strength and Vermont handles the schedule for that office and not the office itself.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

jokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to all

Mailed all of my N-400 info along with payment etc to the Texas Service Center (priority mail) on July 25th.

Not heard anything at all yet .. check not cashed, no notice recd, no more fingerprints given ...

Am In Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Will try and keep this updated if it helps anyone else going through the same thing.

Old Sep 8th 2007, 10:51 am
Just Joined

So in jokeworm's case it is more than a month-and-half and no response to the initial filing. In mine the response to the filing once I refiled with the blue-ink signature was pretty rapid. A fortnight after the second filing I received an acknowledgement and receipt number, the check was cashed and I was given a date for my fingerprints, which were taken two weeks later. The absurdity of much of the process is we have all gone through the FBI and security checks to get Green Cards and no doubt our fingerprints have been taken several times.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 1:41 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jamiewrit
The absurdity of much of the process is we have all gone through the FBI and security checks to get Green Cards and no doubt our fingerprints have been taken several times.
Your premise is incorrect. You are suggesting that there is some correlation between previous fingerprints/checks and current fingerprints/checks. They are not related. Each time you apply for an immigration benefit, new fingerprints and checks are done... specifically to cover the time period since the last checks were done! That they also cover time before that is irrelevant.

Ian
Old Sep 13th 2007, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

My son and I got our fingerprints taken yesterday. We don't have a date for hubby's rescheduled fingerprint appointment yet. Hope it will be soon though.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

jokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to alljokeworm is a name known to all

..almost two months for mine so far .. they have still not even cashed the chq.

Looking online i think i have figured out that they appear to have a 7 month processing time line for N-400 at the Oklahoma Local office. Is this 7 months before they stat processing .. or 7 months to complete ?

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/off...ectedOffice=50

I guess I'll just sit back and play the good ol' waiting game

edit :

Ok found this ...

Texas Service Center

Form Number Date Received
N-400 7/16/2007

looks like i should give it another few weeks to get an acknowledgment.

Last edited by jokeworm; Sep 17th 2007 at 8:21 am. Reason: add info
Old Sep 17th 2007, 10:32 am
Just Joined

The processing time should be from date received to final interview. So it looks like they are way behind with you. That is a long time to have no communication from them. I think it might be worth either getting an Infopass appointment to appear in person to check on the status of the case or to register online and check the status to see that they have logged it in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.